Project Controls Engineer / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 6 months|
A well respected and strong brand in the Energy sector is now seeking a Project Controls Engineer.
Main purpose of this role:
To support Project Delivery Team in the design, installation, programming and commissioning of Controls for Caterpillar engines and ancillary equipment.
* Design, install, programme and commission HMI & SCADA packages for generator control system, using dedicated engine controllers and third-party controllers.
* Design, install, programme and commission PLC / Control Systems for generator balance of plant, Master control system and local/remote communications systems.
* Plan and carry out design/engineering of Generator control systems incorporating commercially available equipment such as Woodward, Sitec, Allen Bradely etc.
* Taking responsibility for the technical and commercial performance of the work on time and within the allocated budget to the satisfaction of the Project Manager.
* Provide technical support in the development of the functional descriptions, cause and effects, sequence flow diagrams, block diagrams and Cable schedules.
* Prepare all documentation and manuals as required for control system.
* Technical Support for Commissioning of Generator controls on site.
* Carry out and/or witness inspections and tests.
* Site activities as required for technical support, commissioning and administration duties.
* Provide internal & external Control Support to Project Managers, Project Engineers, Sales, Service Technicians and external Customers.
* Understanding of communication systems including SCADA.
* Support of Partner Dealers in the discipline of Controls.
Skills and experience required:
* Hold an Electrical or Controls Engineering Degree.
* Experience with diesel and gas engine power systems.
* Knowledge of generators, generator controls.
* Good working knowledge of AS3000/AS3110 and other Australian Standards relevant to electrical engineering and controls.
* Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients on a technical and interpersonal level.
* Capability and flexibility to handle multiple projects in restricted timeframes.
* Experience programming and commissioning PLC and SCADA systems.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential.
MUST HAVE AUSTRALIAN WORKING RIGHTS FOR THIS ROLE.