Reservoir Engineer / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
* The Reservoir Engineer is responsible for providing reservoir engineering interpretation, guidance and support to the Asset Teams. This includes being responsible for production profiles and reserves estimates utilised in the economic and financial models, as well as supporting technical and commercial evaluation of Business Development opportunities.
* The key focus of the reservoir engineer is to provide technical subsurface support across portfolio of assets. With the majority of the assets being operated by others (OBO), this will entail technical review and evaluation of Operator provided asset plans and projects, which in some cases may require utilising classical reservoir engineering methods and tools as well as dynamic simulation modelling to develop and technically and economically justify opportunities to enhance production and maximise hydrocarbon recovery from the assets. The reservoir engineer also supports the economic optimisation of decommissioning decisions.
* There will also be a requirement to participate in the technical and commercial evaluation of Business Development opportunities.
* The portfolio spans multiple assets with a variety of Operators, requiring the reservoir engineer to work effectively to develop clear, business focussed recommendations based on robust evaluation of the available technical information. For OBO assets, this will also require the reservoir engineer to succinctly articulate views in various JV meetings.
* The position involves multiple cross-discipline interfaces, requiring effective communication skills and a broad understanding of field operational constraints to identify other aspects which may influence project success.
* Monitoring and evaluation of asset production performance and any operational activity, with the objective of recommending operations, activities and studies aimed at maximising production and ultimate recovery of hydrocarbons.
* Where appropriate, utilise dynamic simulation and classical reservoir engineering techniques such as material balance and decline curve analysis to evaluate reservoir performance and potential opportunities.
* Contribute to annual budget preparation including preparation of production forecasts for internal use.
* Develop and maintain asset reserves / resources portfolio in accordance with PRMS principles.
* Participate in peer assists and reviews for capital projects, and prepare technical justification for presentation to management to secure approvals to support investment decisions.
* Participate in Technical Committee meetings and sub-surface workshops to ensure that interests are represented, challenging the operator of non- operated assets where appropriate.
* Participate in technical and commercial evaluation of Business Development opportunities, providing RockRose view of production profiles and volumes for economic assessment, and developing recommendations for management review.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Experienced in integrated asset modelling/reservoir simulation (Eclipse), material balance (MBAL), nodal analysis, PVT analysis, OFM and familiar with geocellular modelling principles.
* Ability to characterise and succinctly articulate subsurface uncertainties and recommendations to other relevant disciplines and management.
* Strong collaborative and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across Joint Ventures to influence asset plans.
The client is a global market leader among the worlds integrated energy companies - applying innovative technologies to discover and develop valuable energy resources, providing high-quality products to the marketplace to meet growing energy needs and is proud to be a part of this vital industry and has a net Income of over $3.5 billion.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* A minimum of 15 years relevant oil and gas industry experience is required.
* Experienced in reservoir management of offshore black oil and gas condensate fields, including development of drilling and wellwork opportunities.
* Experienced in time bound evaluation of business development opportunities
* Professionally qualified to Bachelors Degree level in Petroleum Engineering or similar discipline.
* Masters Degree is preferred.