Contract: Safety Coordinator / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 4 months|
COVID-19 Case Management and Contact Tracers
Overview: Full time contract positions required to assist client with COVID-19 outbreak management in the workplace.
Background: In response to the global pandemic caused by SAR-CoV-2, the scale and complexity of the COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated the need for timely COVID-19 case management and contract tracing to effectively minimize and control the spread of COVID-19 within our workplaces across Canada and the US.
As members of the COVID-19 Response Team, you will utilize your knowledge and expertise to promote and protect the health, well-being and safety of our workers through the management of COVID-19 cases and contact tracing.
Responsibilities of this position include:
* Effectively communicating COVID-19 company protocols and Public Health Authority recommendations and requirements for COVID-19 management to leaders and employees;
* Collecting and retaining information relevant to case management and contact tracing;
* Reviewing contact tracing forms and conducting telephonic interviews with probable/suspected COVID-19 cases to validate information about close contacts in the workplace;
* Connecting with external parties (e.g. contractors) regarding probable/confirmed COVID-19 cases that have the potential to impact our employees;
* Appropriately disclosing case information with awareness of privacy requirements;
* Ensuring appropriate protocols are being followed dependent on case specific details;
* Collaborating and consulting with third party medical providers and other team members to navigate complex situations;
* Preparing reports as requested by senior leadership;
* Managing high call and e-mail volume.
Skills and qualifications for this position include:
* Candidates with a health background (e.g. public health, nursing, kinesiology) are preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to deal sensitively and tactfully with workers and leaders;
* Ability to interpret, understand and apply public health guidance related to COVID-19;
* Knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practices as it relates to COVID-19;
* Able to work independently and collaboratively with others to analyze situations, problem solve, make evidence informed decisions, and facilitate resolutions;
* Proficiency with technology and an ability to learn and adapt to new technological systems;
* Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.