Combustion Manager (Fire Heater/Boiler) - Refinery / ThailandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 3 years|
Position Title Combustion Manager
"US Law applicable for job?
Broadcast Language English
Max number of positions available 1
Anticipated country of employment Thailand
Anticipated State of Employment (USA only)
Work Option (Full time/Part time/Job Share) Full Time
Skill Pool Group Combustion Engineer / Engineer Heat Transfer
Reports to Vice President-Efficient Operations Support (EOVP)
Work pattern (hrs/week) Full time
Anticipated Assignment Length 3 years
Max Terms & Conditions Expat
Position Purpose Job incumbent is to develop and manage combustion team for the fired heaters/boilers operation in order to achieve the most efficiency , maintain safety, integrity of the fired heaters and boilers and meet emission regulation. Management and development programs shall cover efficient technical support on the specialized fields i.e. operation control, problem solving, maintenance, technical design/standard and project improvement in order to meet the operational excellence.
Principal Accountabilities "Principal Accountabilities :
- Procedure and combustion management plan
- To review and verify fired heaters/boilers performance monitoring and optimization done by combustion specialists to ensure achieving the most efficiency while maintaining safety/integrity and meeting emission regulation.
- To manage combustion team routine work by controlling weekly, monthly or special meetings so as to follow up an outstanding work, give advice, make final decision in critical issue and update information.
- To sustain combustion system by using PDCA or other efficient tools to assess work performance therefore set corrective or action plans for further improvement. The management system shall be covered the current work performance and future in according to situation change.
- To control and set KPI for combustion team in order to assess and follow up work result. Another job incumbent is to manage and drive team to achieve target.
- To direct and give advice combustion team in terms of technical reference, engineering standard, the use of software for thermal rating, in order to ensure the positive result from combustion activities. This activity shall be ensured by occasionally cross check and assessment.
- To seek new technology, worldwide best practice, the best equipment performance (From manufacturer or benchmarking etc), then assess and direct team to apply into the system.
- To direct and manage combustion team to initiate energy improvement project. The project scope will cover conceptual design, feasibility study, technical evaluation, proposal and implementation. Job incumbent is to give direction and initiate idea to team. The use of decision making theory and other statistics are also needed.
- To develop combustion team to be combustion expert in order to support all functions related fired heaters/boiler issues, combustion technical advice, engineering design and control philosophy. The job incumbent is to transfer knowledge to combustion team by coaching, on the job training or learning hour and etc.
- To manage and direct combustion team to set fired equipment standard control system and keep updating. Standard documents shall cover at least DEP, API and ISOs. Another job incumbent is to ensure the use of standard reference.
- Job incumbent is to manage and control budgets and find the best way to reduce OPEX, CAPEX and other SGSI/vendor/engineering assistant costs.
- To set combustion competency model and cooperate with HR team to assess competency gap and issue development plan. Then follow up and drive to success the plan.
- To manage and control combustion team strength, make team engagement and improve working environment.
- To manage customer satisfaction by setting KPI, give direction and advise team to monitor and measure customer satisfaction. Then improve work process in order to achieve target.
- To refer to Company's QSHE's policy guidelines when performing, managing assigned tasks to ensure the QSHE objectives are met with high performance.
Special Challenges "- The main challenge is to sustain and growth combustion section, create a good cooperation between all parties involved and to make use of the available knowledge in various disciplines. Knowledge is transferred by once he recognizes a problem.
- It is an incumbent to have/or improve trainer skill so as to transfer all technical knowledges gaining from work experience, engineering theory and worldwide best practice to other.
- Leadership skill, technical knowledge, good team work and motivation are essentials to make job success.