Contract: Mechanical Engineer / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 6 months|
A well respected and strong brand in the Energy sector is now seeking a Mechanical Engineer for a minimum 6 month contract with the view of potentially transitioning to permanent.
Main purpose of this role:
To assist the Projects and Tendering teams in the selection, application, integration, installation and support for commissioning of Diesel, Gas, Dual Fuel Generators and ancillary equipment.
Key Responsibilities included:
* Work directly with projects and engineering team to design, cost, present, and deliver solutions for specific customer energy needs.
* Support the projects team by taking a leading role in reviewing project specifications and scope of works and defining packages and concept drawings for proposed solutions.
* Recommend designs based on Caterpillar products that meet customer's project/tender specifications/needs with the optimum balance in performance, reliability, availability, deliverability and cost.
* Interface with contractors, vendors and other business support functions as required by the project delivery team.
* Prepare conceptual designs and estimation preparation for projects.
* Review the project scope and technical specification and apply the design criteria and methodologies in it to the engineering documents.
* Prepare engineering data sheets, requisitions and technical bid evaluation reports for mechanical equipment.
* Lead pre-award, kick-off meetings and design review meetings with client and vendors.
* Review vendor deliverables/ drawings and ensure deliverables comply with project specification and AS standards.
* Constantly monitor vendor progress schedule to ensure package is being delivered on time.
* Participate in Risk Assessment meetings by providing inputs during HAZOP and ensure close out of actions with vendors.
* Visit site to resolve technical issues during installation/construction stage and prepare punch list for sub-contractors.
* Ensure proposed project solutions' compliance with Australian Standards and State and Local Govt. regulations and requirements.
* Work to learn all aspects of Power generation installation and commissioning requirements for Mechanical equipment.
Skills and experience required:
* Mechanical Engineering degree
* 5-6 years practical experience
* Experience with accountability to client and key stakeholders
* Strong knowledge of diesel and gas engines
* Exposure to drawings and reviewing vendor specs and requirements
* Installation and commissioning experience
* Experience with collaborating and negotiating between key stakeholders
* Flexibility to engage in varied tasks within the role
* Contribute ideas to solve issues
* Work under dynamic pressure
* Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
All applications will be treated strictly confidential.
MUST HAVE AUSTRALIAN WORKING RIGHTS FOR THIS ROLE.