Senior Rotary Engineer / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - ongoing|
* Receive and act on work arrangement in conjunction with the Engineering Section Head assigned
* Review design for completeness and coherence in the discipline and with other disciplines
* Identify potential errors, omissions or risks in the design basis and participate in preparation of
* Identify problems needing the involvement of specialists, define and organize required specialist
* Assess impact of proposed technical changes in the discipline.
* Review design and make recommendations for improvement.
* Review and / or issue design change notices for approval by engineering section head.
* Attend all design review events (HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and Peer Reviews, etc.) with Project
Management team and Contractor as necessary.
* Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during
* Quality control of the rotating equipment engineering.
* Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
* Analyze and/or review the rotating equipment discipline progress reports against the schedule and
Inform of any foreseeable delay.
* Participate in the technical workshop and technical reviewing meeting with Contractors and BOC.
* Coordinate and Assist PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans when progress slipping and ensures needed action plans are implemented.
* Provide rotating equipment discipline progress report and contractor's performance to engineering
* Prepare reply to technical and field queries.
* Assist site with technical advice upon request of site.
* Work at site under standard security policy.
* Provide and review rotating equipment studies and design solutions for new and existing facilities,
such as pumps, compressors, engines, turbines, etc.
* Participate in technical review of new projects, facilities upgrade etc., including scope of work,
Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Piping layout, Pipeline layout, Foundation layout etc.
* Conduct rotating equipment feasibility studies for various oil and gas facilities projects.
* Conduct other similar or related duties such as reviewing of project proposals; attending technical
meetings; carrying out site visits.
* Prepare, witness or review results of Project Equipment Tests such as Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and Performance Acceptance Test (PAT).
* Comply with all relevant HSE management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and
safe work environment.
* Assist in operational trouble shooting and prepare proposals for resolving rotating equipment integrity
and improve checks and procedures.
* Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and
instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Contribute to the preparation of clear, timely and accurate reports.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree of Mechanical Engineering.
* Proven experience in oil and gas industry.
* Working in tough situation.
* Minimum of 10 years rotating equipment engineering experience in Oil and Gas Facilities
* Work experience in the MENA Region; Iraq experience is preferred.
* High general rotating equipment engineering skills; hands on knowledge of key discipline tools.
* Extensive familiarity with the applicable standards, such as API, ASME and DEP.
* Ability to analyze problems and develop pragmatic concepts and solutions.
* Good team player, effective communicator and able to work independently.
* Ability to steer and oversee contractors' contributions.
* Ability to support and troubleshoot operations