Lead Piping Engineer / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - ongoing|
* Receive and act on work arrangement in conjunction with the Engineering Section Head assigned
* Review design for completeness and coherence in the discipline and with other disciplines.
* Identify potential errors, omissions or risks in the design basis and participate in preparation of
* Identify problems needing the involvement of specialists, define and organize required specialist involvement.
* Assess impact of proposed technical changes in the discipline.
* Review design and make recommendations for improvement.
* Review and / or issue design change notices for approval by engineering section head.
* Attend all design review events (HAZID, HAZOP, Peer Reviews, etc.) with Project Management
team and Contractor as necessary.
* Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during design review.
* Quality control of the piping engineering.
* Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
* Analyze and/or review the piping discipline progress reports against the schedule and inform of any
* Participate in the technical workshop and technical review meeting with Contractors.
* Coordinate and Assist PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans when progress slipping and ensures needed action plans are
* Provide piping discipline progress report and contractor's performance to engineering section head
* Prepare reply to technical and field queries.
* Assist site with technical advice upon request of site.
* Work at site under company standard security policy.
* Provide and review piping stress studies and design solutions for new and existing facilities.
* Participate in technical review of new projects, facilities upgrade etc., including scope of work, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), 3D model, Plot plan, Structure design and Pipeline design coordination with relevant departments engineers.
* Conduct other similar or related duties such as reviewing of project proposals; attending technical meetings; carrying out site visits.
* Comply with all relevant HSE management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy
and safe work environment.
* Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Contribute to the preparation of clear, timely and accurate reports.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree of Mechanical / Chemical Engineering and Technology.
* Proven experience in oil and gas industry.
* Experience working in a remote, onshore, hardship location
* Minimum of 10 years in?depth piping engineering experience in Oil and Gas Facilities.
* Work experience in the MENA Region; Iraq experience is preferred