Contract: Materials and Logistics Specialist / AberdeenClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - ongoing|
Position Title Materials and Logistics Specialist
Department Supply Chain Management
Reporting To Materials and Logistics Manager
Role Overview To support the delivery of the business unit's materials and logistics strategy for all Premier Oil's North Sea assets
1 Manage delivery of materials management and storage contracts
2 Ensure that all Materials Management processes, standards, procedures and work instructions are fit for purpose and clearly understood throughout the business
3 Work with the business to optimise their current inventory holding and support operational business needs.
4 Manage stock check programme
5 Ensure customs compliance of all UK materials movements to / from onshore / offshore locations.
6 Manage the delivery of materials and logistics improvement projects
7 Be responsible for delivery of cross-asset logistics support
8 Be responsible for maintaining logistics work processes and training the internal customers of logistics in such processes
9 Assist, and where appropriate lead, the development of technical strategy and evaluation of the tender process for third party services
10 Deputise for Materials and Logistics Team Manager when required
* Engaging and influencing stakeholders in all matters materials and logistics
* Educate the Business Unit and all stakeholders in the opportunities presented by effective logistics and materials management
* Working with a diverse portfolio of offshore facilities with varied requirements and operational set ups
* Anticipating issues that might affect efficient operations and implement appropriate corrective actions
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
No direct financial accountability, responsible for advising and influencing material and logistic spend
Management Relationships (include direct / indirect reports, external parties)
Direct reports (internal employees / external parties):
Indirect (internal employees / external parties):
Interface with logistics contractors to manage performance delivery
Relevant Materials and Logistics qualifications desirable, e.g. CILT
Ideally a member of the Institute of Logistics and Transport and/or other appropriate professional body.
Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours)
Skills / experience:
* Experience in inventory control with an Oil & Gas Operator or Service Company
* Strong organisational skills to be able to prioritise multiple issues across a dynamic and evolving asset base, whilst maintaining relational efficiencies
* Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
* Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead and implement projects at a business level.
Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
* Strong knowledge and proven experience in Maximo system and Inventory and Work Management modules
* Knowledge and understanding of HMRC control requirements.
* Competent in Import and Export procedures in line with current HMRC legislation.
Attributes and behaviours:
* Establishes, manages and maintains effective and respectful working relationships with individuals and groups in a diverse constructive and collaborative manner.
* Communicates effectively and appropriately with a variety of stakeholders including external partners, teams, colleagues and contacts.
* Solves work-related problems effectively. Provides support and contributes to the performance of the organisation. Manages own workload and, where applicable, the workload of others.
* Persuades and influences peers and managers through consideration of their interests, involvement and consultation.
* Develops and promotes new ways of working to improve performance within team and business unit.