Senior Logistics Expeditor / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Logistics Planning and Organization support
* Based on the information provided by procurement team, prepare shipping schedules to track Estimated Time of Arrival of all deliveries and make appropriate arrangements accordingly.
* Compile delivery orders and coordinate with logistics team to arrange for delivery, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials to meet production schedules.
Contracts Shipments Expediting
* Ensure that logistics processes and procedures are followed ensure minimal delays with regard to final delivery - Produce and analyze delivery status reports.
* Ensure the compliance with PO/contract delivery terms and delivery schedule.
* Coordinate with Customs Clearance Officer to communicate with Vendors to send the shipping documents drafts for review by logistics and to deliver the required shipping/customs clearance documents to Logistics on time with no delay.
* Coordinate with Warehouse Section to ensure sharing information concerning the expected shipments and to determine the required delivery locations.
* Coordinate with Senior Transport Coordinator the provision of transport services to transfer shipments released from port/Airport to warehouse or various company locations as required.
* Understand regulations regarding Dangerous Good Materials, Non-Dangerous Good Materials.
* Understand local regulations regarding Chemical materials, IT materials, CCTV and armored vehicles and the required approvals.
* Strong knowledge about Incoterms.
* Perform other similar or related duties such as preparing a variety of reports, keeping accurate registries, assisting in clerical matters, etc.
* Monitor vendors' performance from a delivery aspect in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the same.
* Participates in rectifying and certifying invoices related to work performed in order to safeguard company financials and to ensure an accurate payment to the concerned external party.
* Based on the delivery schedules, arrange all relevant documentation required by the local authorities prior to arrival of the delivery and submit the same to the relevant authorities.
* Maintain and obtain relevant documents such as Copy of Purchase Order, Bill of lading, Commercial Invoice, Certificate of Origin, Certificate of Inspection/Conformance, Shipping bill, Delivery order, Packing List, Airway bill (AWB), Delivery Note, Import License if applicable, etc. to track and facilitate the delivery process.
* Works with customs clearance officer to maintain an accurate and comprehensive filing system with complete file for each shipment, and make sure that all shipments files are complete and ready all the time for retrieving any required document when requested by finance, audits or other departments.
* Remain abreast with the delivery of services and their adherence to the Iraqi Customs Laws in order to ensure a smooth release of goods as per the stipulated timelines.
* Ensure that the execution of expediting activities is carried out safely - especially the expediting of sensitive chemical orders - are in accordance with the necessary respective procedures.
CPL Software Update
* To update the shipments status in the logistics templates of CPL software.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
* Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices to increase productivity and operational efficiency.
* Implement all relevant policies, processes, procedures and instructions so that expediting work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment.
* Follow all relevant company's health, security, safety and environmental policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and corporate assets.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* 5 years direct and relevant experience in expediting, purchasing, schedule & procurement function