Drilling Operations Section Head / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
* Provides operational expertise and shares with the Drilling Manager and Drilling Engineering Manager to establish best performance goals as well as to implement the best available technology for drilling operations with an eye on cost reduction and time cycles.
* Company point of contact for all drilling well control concerns or challenges, while supporting field teams in execution on any issues.
* Review and assist with operational needs when new drilling and field contracts are set up.
* Assists with operational advice while reviewing all drilling programs with Drilling engineering teams.
* Review and provide operational assistance in MOC process
* Aid teams with all long lead items and related equipment/spares towards drilling and field needs.
* Attend meetings with upper management for all Drilling and HSE field related issues or concerns
* Bridge the gaps between the field and office communication when dealing with contractors and upper management.
* Work closely with construction when new locations\road ways are to be designed and executed while providing history and integrated design solutions.
* Communicate with sub surface teams when planning for new location builds concentrating on road ways, flow lines, seismic lines and all surface matters.
* Provide experience to the BU with all aspects of working in a remote desert location while ensuring alignment with company Standards, integration of learnings and using best practice.
* Manages and motivates drilling and HSE teams for smooth work flow
* Provide role modeling for a strong team with the ability to lead a team with a personal commitment and proactive approach to HSSE.
* Participate in field audits concerning drilling rigs and HSE as per company standards
* Ensure that all teams in drilling comply protocol and standards on all locations in Field .
* Actively assist other divisions of the BU to streamline in HSE matters drawing on experience and utilizing field personnel.
* Manages, directs and motivates drilling/HSE teams to ensure efficient and timely execution of planned activities.
* Assists Drilling superintendents with monitoring the structured improvement of performance plans for efficiency. Also ensuring a functional integration both within the assigned team and with the rest of the organization while promoting team work.
* Attend and assist in kick off meetings for office and field.
* Work closely with contractor representatives to ensure that the contractual obligations are met as well as communicating any and all issues or challenges faced with contractors
* Regularly visit all field sites to have updated knowledge of any concerns and or future planning.
* Assistance to teams when evaluating contractors
* Provide Rota for the Drilling & drilling Based HSE teams
* Communicate and track all Drilling/Well services Diesel quantities
* Organize contractor inhouse meetings to assess their performance as well as potential contractors to evaluate contractors' capabilities and competence.