Contract: Contracts Specialist - Subsea / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - > 18 months|
The position ensures all contract award and management, procurement, expediting, warehousing within the Development team are conducted in a safe and most cost-effective manner, in compliance with Company policies, guidelines and procedures. The role will perform supervision of Contract Administrator positions and support / management of Contract Owners in the delivery of executed Contracts. The role will have direct contract management set up and implementation of subsea FEED and offshore EPC works; has clear experience in developing offshore / subsea contracting strategies and Is fully conversant with Upstream Operator Gate process from SELECT & final investment decision (FID) through to Execute.
The position is also responsible for supporting the procurement, warehousing & logistics strategies and developing/maintaining the Contracts, Procurement and Logistics Plan for all major projects undertaken by the Development team.
Duties and responsibilities
Contracts & Procurement:
* Review processes and coordinate or apply changes to meet the project needs and to reflect Corporate or Upstream Contracts and Procurement requirements.
* Provides input and agreement of the Project Execution Plans (PEP) and participates in the development of the contracts (award and administration) and procurement strategy for major projects.
* Coordinates and participates in the preparation of:
Contract and Procurement strategy plans
Contract Management Plan
Administrative Reports, e.g. expediting reports, delivery status reports, non-conformances, etc.
* Able to frame, examine and support the evaluation of alternate full-field development delivery strategies from Pre-FEED to First Gas.
* Able to support a collaborative team environment and take a leadership role in mentoring technical, C&P, project controls & engineering work team members in contract & procurement related matters.
* Be the focal point for all matters pertaining to contract preparation, management, procurement for Development Projects.
* Sets, supervises and plans the procurement process and be involved personally in the preparation of RFQ/RFT and purchase order (PO) documentation including, bidding, negotiation, recommendation of awards, placement of orders and handover of contracts to designated Contract Owners.
* Supervision of personnel reporting to this position (e.g. Contract Administrators and/or other contract specialists).
* Works with the Contract Owner to ensure contracts delivery provided as required by the Contractors.
* Works with the Lead Engineers and Project Managers to initiate and maintain partnerships with key external suppliers by negotiating master supply contracts for critical materials and equipment supplies.
* Manage contract change in consultation with the Lead Engineers and Project Manager.
Marine Logistics, as applicable to work scopes in the Development function:
Whilst not directly accountable, this role is required to ensure
* safe and efficient operations of marine activities in supporting offshore operations.
* Support of logistical coordination of marine activities in support of the whole field operation during offshore construction campaigns.
* Working with the applicable technical lead, ensure all marine vessel contracts and procedures comply with the company's Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and procedures.
* Coordinating HSE audits of marine vessels when necessary.
National Oil and Gas operator
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* 15+ experience in across Oil and Gas, projects based contracts and procurement role (with Owner and Contractor)
* Detailed understanding of contracts and their legal and commercial components.
* Ability to understand detailed scopes of work and implications under contract (performance based / technical based / deliverables / standards / parties' obligations etc)
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
* Good negotiation skills and the ability to effectively influence outcomes.
* The ability to apply a consistently high level of attention to detail.
* Proficient in MS Office, particularly MS Excel.
* The ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Tertiary qualifications in Business, Engineering or any other relevant tertiary qualifications (for example: Law, IT or Finance).
* MCIPS and applicable experience in purchasing systems.
* Experience in the oil and gas industry.