Contract: Environmental Advisor (Well Operations) / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
Reporting directly to the Environmental Manager the Environmental Advisor (Well Operations) is responsible for the co-ordination and provision of day-to-day and medium- term environmental support for well operations.
It Involves the following fundamental responsibilities:
? Providing guidance on environmental sensitivities, environmental impacts and the fate of emissions and discharges from facilities to enable Well Operations activities to remain compliant with relevant legislation;
? Managing all environmental related Permits, Licenses, Applications, Notifications and Consents required for Well Operations activities;
? Developing strong regulatory relationships in support of our Well Operations activities and inspection programme;
The Environmental Advisor (Well Operations) is expected to work across all Well Operations activities and provide support to Offshore HSE Advisors/ Drilling Supervisors and Offshore Teams to improve Environmental performance.
This position will be required to travel offshore to in support of incidents, regulatory inspections and leadership engagement visits
MAE*/MATTE* and HSE* Critical Responsibilities:
* Understanding of key regulatory stakeholders and Government systems such as the Portal and PLANC management processes.
* Understanding of Major Accident Hazard Risk Assessment to identify environmental consequences associated with MA and if potential environmental consequence could result in significant pollution / MEI
* Environmental / HSEQ Incident investigation experience
Areas of Responsibility Competence Level:
* Experience of decommissioning activities and regulatory framework for well abandonment operations
* Preparation, review and submission of EIA's & OPEP Addenda, where required: providing advice to the Well Operations team to ensure that the Well Operations environmental requirements are met.
* Managing all environmental related Permits, Licenses, Applications, Notifications and Consents and ensuring sites comply with the requirements of all permitted activities.
* Managing waste, radioactive substances and sampling & analysis requirements for Well Operations activities.
* Monitoring quality and accuracy of environmental related incident investigations, actions and close out, reviewing asset Environmental performance, identifying trends and proposing solutions;
* Collation and reporting of environmental data for Regulatory & Corporate Reporting, BU Managers and JV Partners;
* Supporting the evaluation of new contracts for Well Operations related activities.
* Providing environmental training/ information to both offshore and onshore staff
* Participate in Tier 2 & Tier 3 audits and liaise with the Assurance Team to ensure delivery of the audit programmes.
* Ensuring company procedures are in place, maintained and applied across all activities to allow all relevant legislation to be complied with; and support the maintenance of a certified Environmental Management System.
The client uses its pioneering spirit to responsibly deliver energy to the world. This purpose transcends all of the clients operations. The Company conducts its business to return maximum value to shareholders while utilizing a wealth of knowledge and resources from its employees and acting responsibly in all communities in which it operates. With more than 30,000 employees, The client works worldwide to consistently deliver top performance, value and to maintain the company's global market
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Valid medical and BOSIET;
* BSc in Biological or Chemical sciences and preferred higher qualification in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. MSc, PhD, Chartered Scientist);
* Membership of recognised body e.g. IEMA;
* Prior proven experience with a background in scientific research, industry or consultancy and with specific experience of providing environmental support to operations, projects, drilling, subsea, seismic, oil spill response, procurement, legal.