Contract: Construction Supervisor (E&I) / IndonesiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 16 months|
* Responsible for all aspects of Electrical, Instrumentation and telecommunication for fabrication, installation and testing. He/She is also responsible of ensuring that all project key objectives are achieved or exceeded. Signing off completion certificates, collecting all final documentation from contractors and representing the Company as the day-to-day interface with contractors during all phases of the construction. Effective issue resolution through interfacing with both Company and Contractor teams is an essential component of the role to ensure full alignment on the execution of the Project through to Startup.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
* Effective management of the overall E&I scope of work, including telecom for using the engineering document, including planning, preparation and execution to meet safety, quality, cost and schedule commitments.
* Effective stewardship of the Contract, ensuring Contractors deliver all execution aspects of the work in accordance with project requirements, from contract award until contract close out.
* Risk based evaluation of complex technical and execution issues that may have significant commercial impacts to overall project execution.
* Maintaining relationships with all yard entities to ensure alignment on overall Project delivery.
* Develop and maintain constructive and positive working relationship with Contractor to ensure delivery of the scope per plan and in accordance with project requirements.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Supervises and monitors the activities of assigned personnel. Performs supervisory duties at the level established by management for the position.
2. Reviews drawings, bills of materials and project schedules, seeks clarifications from supervisor, project or design engineers as necessary, and assesses work to be done
3. Ensures that contractor personnel are thoroughly briefed regarding all fire and safety rules and regulations pertaining to their work, inclusive of attending the safety orientation briefing.
4. Oversees the construction work in progress, normally of several objects during the same period and monitors erection schedules, checks on conformity to approved drawings, attends site progress meetings, arranges for necessary inspections and liaises with other departments, such as Quality, HSE and other Engineering personnel.
5. Ensure that work is performed in accordance with approved drawings, contractual terms and good workmanship.
6. As relevant, liaises with other departments for obtaining Acceptance of Work Certificates on completion of work.
7. Responsible for the support of Company Safety, environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents.
8. Carries out other similar duties such as providing advice on construction considerations/potential problems to supervisor or to project/design engineers, and ensuring that construction personnel exercise good housekeeping practices to keep the worksite safe and tidy during/after construction.
9. Ensure that all construction Elec, Instrumentation and Telecom activities are done in line with the Company standards.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
1. Broad and extensive knowledge of:
a. Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria related to E&I and telecom equipment design, fabrication, installation and testing of offshore platforms.
b. EPC Contract understanding.
c. Fabrication yard.
2. Bachelor's Degree with experience in E&I engineering and construction discipline, telecom knowledge will be a plus.
3. 10 + years of major oil and gas offshore project experience with noticeable knowledge of the E&I disciplines and references in other projects.
4. Good written and spoken English.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
1. Strong organizational and technical judgment skills.
2. Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
3. Make decisions in the general interest while pursuing business results.
4. Prepare contingency plans for the unexpected (pro-active, forward-looking).
5. Good leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
6. Good organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills.
7. Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc…