Contract: Head of Project Engineering / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 36 months|
1. Apply Project Management System to provide guidance and oversee the documentation. Review and recommend improvements to key engineering practices and procedures ensuring effective and smooth project execution.
2. Review and implement improvement opportunities to reduce turnaround time for document reviews and enhance the quality of engineering deliverable.
3. Provides engineering data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship. (Reporting on behalf of Technical Team)
4. Contribute to employment of effective change management, scope optimisation, defence against scope creep practices, identifying and sharing best practices and lessons learned with MP projects.
5. Coordinates engineering activities in accordance with the project's change management program ensuring quality assurance and timely completion of engineering deliverable in accordance with the approved project execution schedule.
6. Conducts risk based evaluation of complex technical issues that may have significant commercial impacts to overall project execution and manages the timely delivery of technical deliverable and issues resolution.
7. Provide interface, alignment and leadership between multi-disciplinary teams including Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Pipeline, Umbilical, process, instrumentation & control to ensure technical plans and activities are well aligned and coordinated.
8. Verify compliance with Company requirements, standards, specifications and instructions
9. Support MP projects in areas related to technical reviews and workshops, preparation of key deliverables, facilitation and participation in engineering reviews, leave coverage and interfaces.
Our client is the world's largest LNG company. They produce and supply the world with 77 million metric tonnes of LNG annually.
Headquartered in the ultra-modern Doha, Qatar, our client owes & operates the world's largest non-associated gas field
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Engineering
10+ years of experience in discipline with at least five years demonstrated senior engineering experience in major capital projects
Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
Preferred for candidate to be already working in Houston area to ensure fast start to the work process