Projects Manager / UKClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Are you looking for your next meaningful move to progress your career and give you job stability? If then this role could be ideal for you. The client is currently recruiting for a proven Project Manager, for a permanent / staff position, with experience on the construction of large-scale solar projects to join our Client's construction management team. The Project Manager will manage all aspects of the assigned projects throughout its life cycle and ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget, while minimizing risks and maximizing margins on a variety of projects across the UK. The Project Manager will report directly to the Senior Project Manager and to the Project Director
The Project Manager role will involve, but not be limited to:
* work with the engineering team to conduct site investigation and assess the technical feasibility of developing a specific solar PV project
* draft the scope of work and estimate the respective project budget
* create and distribute RFPs to potential EPC subcontractors, establish evaluation metrics, and select winning proposals
* manage contract negotiations, change orders, and other agreements with EPC subcontractors and vendors, and oversee all subcontractors' work in all phases
* develop and maintain project timeline, identify critical path and key milestones for project's success
* communicate with utilities and authority having jurisdictions regarding interconnection, permitting, and other regulatory compliance issues
* identify the sources of likely problems and proactively take preventive measures to avoid any potential project risks, and determine response actions to mitigate any negative impact
* possess strong organizational and time management skills
The client is a global leader in the deployment of renewable energy projects, with a proven track record of over 1GW medium to large scale solar projects and major battery storage installations. They are the go to EPC Partner for leading investors in the renewable energy industry around the world and are committed to setting high quality standards for customer satisfaction, as well as to ensuring the Health & Safety of all personnel.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
The Project Manager will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering fields
* Proven track record of 2+ years of solar project management experience, including ground mount projects over 10 MW
* Electrical Licensing strongly preferred
* In-depth knowledge of National Electrical Code, solar permitting, and other PV system regulatory codes
* Strong leadership and communication skills, self-motivated with demonstrated problem-solving capability
* Self-starter with excellent presentation skills with constant attention to details and accuracy.
* Self- disciplined and result-oriented
* Fluent in English is a prerequisite, Spanish or French considered a plus.
* Flexibility to travel to project sites in various locations whenever necessary and/or stay abroad for periods of time.
With an excellent package (negotiable) on offer, a strong pipeline of work and great pr