Sales Consultant / CumbriaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The Sales Consultant will be responsible for securing both apprenticeship and commercial training sales in order to meet or exceed the agreed budgets for the assigned Gen2 centre. The role will report directly to the Sales Manager, (along with all other sales staff).
Targets, Duties & Responsibilities
The overall responsibility for this role is to meet or exceed the agreed sales targets in line with the budget timeline for the assigned geographical area. These budgets will include specific components for apprenticeship placements, commercial sales and higher education courseware.
There are two primary targets for this role:
* Meeting or exceeding the annual sales budget targets for the assigned geographical area on time and in full.
* Adhering to all relevant procedures, timelines and maintaining sales related documentation at an error rate that is less than the client target (currently 5%)
Duties and responsibilities that will be required of this role to achieve these targets are:
* Working with the sales manager to carry out effective and efficient sales activities which are in line with strategies to meet budgetary goals.
* Sustaining active relationships with existing customers and regularly engaging them to maximise sales yield.
* Working proactively throughout the assigned geographical area to continually identify and secure new customer relationships.
* Utilising a variety of sales techniques effectively in a manner which maximises return, including physical appointments, telephone cold calling, email, social media and web technologies.
* Representing the company to engage customers, assess requirements, accurate quotations, deliver solutions, present and negotiate the terms of sales.
* Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
* Ensuring the accurate and timely compliance with all relevant company procedures relating to sales including, but not limited to booking procedures and sales related paperwork, eg. Contracts, eligibility, progression, etc.
* Maintaining and providing accurate records to management on sales leads, customer contacts and sales related data, in line with agreed KPI's.
* Maintaining an excellent level of relevant product knowledge and a self-driven objective to continually develop this understanding.
* To provide an effective information feed to management providing timely customer intelligence relating to opportunities, barriers to sales and risks which could affect the business.
Additional duties include:
* Keep up to date with local, regional, national labour markets and our competitor's offers.
* Support growth by identifying opportunities to maximise the business impact in the region and positively affect the centre(s) revenues/starts.
* Help raise the company's profile in the market sufficiently to ensure the company is known as a credible and professional organisation providing high quality products and solutions.
* Assist in the development and distribution of appropriate marketing material to increase awareness of the brand in the market place.
* Support management as necessary to attend promotional events on behalf of the company. These may be outside of normal working hours, so some flexibility is required.
* Undertake any additional duties as reasonably required by your manager and the business
Our Client is a first rate educational body with an end goal of educating, developing and inspiring the next generation of workers to the highest standard in order for them to enter the local working market. Our client operates in over 7 locations within Cumbria and has contributed monumentally to the local supply chain with 97% of apprentices going directly in to full time employment.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Proven success in a target driven sales environment
* Proven success in generating high levels of repeat business
* Proven success in developing and managing long term business relationships
* Ability to effectively network and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills
* Able to influence
* Adaptability to change
* Good presentation skills and ability to deliver a strong sales pitch
* Excellent organisation and work planning skills
* Pragmatic and analytical problem-solving skills
* Office IT skills, specifically in Microsoft applications
* A current driving license and car owner
* Proven ability, maturity and confidence to deal with a diverse range of personnel
* Self-starter, able to manage a variety of projects independently
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Patient and shows control in challenging situations
* Can take ownership for problems and assignment to re
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Experience of working within the work based learning training sector
Knowledge of Government funding