HR Advisor / CumbriaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - september 2021|
You will support both the City & Guilds Group HR teams and client management team to deliver a range of HR services. This will include;
- Coaching and supporting managers to apply the full range of people policies in a way that is compliant and in line with our Employer Brand and values.
- Handling employee relations cases through to resolution.
- Advising on and resolving queries relating to the full range of people policies, processes and systems for example, performance improvement planning, attendance, grievance and disciplinary issues.
- Drafting HR policies, processes and guidance and seeking ways to continuously improve our current practices.
- Training and inducting managers on people policies.
- Support the delivery of the Group people strategy including key investments such as HRIS and engagement strategies (e.g. EDI and the Group people development strategy)
- Deliver on specific projects within the client that may require support from specialist HR teams.
- Supporting new HR systems implementation from design through to implementation.
- Support the General Manager and senior management team with any people related change programmes, including improving engagement and driving culture change
- Managing the end to end recruitment and selection process including development of job specifications, advertising, interviewing, reference checking and induction
-Monitors and record staff appraisals, CPD logs, probations & training, staff / apprentice attendance
- Responsibility for the monthly payroll instructions to finance
- Advise, coach and upskill managers to become more self-sufficient with ER cases, recruitment, performance management and employee engagement
- Manage sickness absence including monitoring and recording trigger level reviews, return to work interviews, Fit notes and self-certification
- Manage HR for the CATA employed apprentices and degree apprentices
- Supporting key HR projects and activities within the wider HR team as required.
Our Client is a first rate educational body with an end goal of educating, developing and inspiring the next generation of workers to the highest standard in order for them to enter the local working market. Our client operates in over 7 locations within Cumbria and has contributed monumentally to the local supply chain with 97% of apprentices going directly in to full time employment.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- CIPD or other equivalent HR qualification
- Best practice generalist HR knowledge across a range of disciplines.
- Experience of providing exceptional customer service in an HR Advisor (or equivalent) role.
- Knowledge of employment law and how to apply people policies within a fast paced environment.
- A track record of managing complex Employment Relations case work.
- Ability to act with autonomy and confident in decision making.
- Strong relationship skills and the ability to influence.
- Tech savvy and highly proficient in using Microsoft applications, particularly Microsoft Teams,
- Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to write accessible, clear materials, letters and communications for multiple stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a proactive problem solver.
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills.
- A passion for developing yourself and others.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience of working in a matrix structure.
- Training delivery/facilitation skills.
- Experience working in the training and education sector
- SuccessFactors HR system experience.
- Experience of using HR ServiceNow.
- Change management experience - e.g. redundancy consultation
- Experience of advising on a number of different sets of terms and conditions.