Principal Electrical Primary Engineer / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is looking for an experienced Principal Electrical Primary Engineer to join their team in a full-time permanent position.
The Principal Electrical Primary Engineer is responsible for playing a key leadership role within the business. Leading the provision of expert advice, technical leadership, client solutions, mentoring both within the Power Engineering and technology area. Actively contributing to successful bidding of projects, reviewing design briefs and proposal documents.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of Primary Electrical engineering standards and guidelines.
- Provide advice on technical issues in the Primary Electrical discipline during project concept, feasibility, planning and development through to detailed design and implementation.
- Responsible for technical correctness, accuracy, quality, value and timeliness of own and others work.
- Design of switchyard and substation layouts.
- HV earthing design and performance testing.
- Knowledge of lightning protection, EMF studies, and Arc Flash.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen.
- Provide regular input to opportunity assessment, pursuits, bids and project initiation
- Maintain communications with existing clients.
- Monitoring market activity and identifying suitable potential clients and opportunities in conjunction with Business Development Managers.
- Lead the provision of consulting services to meet client service requirements.
Experience / Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in Electrical Primary Systems and Technology products.
- Detailed knowledge of Primary Electrical designs, specifications, OEM etc.
- Technical leadership capability.
- Ideally have nationally and internationally consulting experience in managing client service delivery to time and budget.
- Experience within the power industry in roles related to asset ownership, strategy, development and construction.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential.
MUST HAVE AUSTRALIAN WORKING RIGHTS FOR THIS ROLE.