Planning & Cost Control Supervisor / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
* Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and contractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
* Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestones
* Perform and manage project activity scheduling and monitoring
* Perform technical and commercial review of EPC and EPCI projects progress
* Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
* Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
* Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management's review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
* Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
* Must have experience in material estimation, schedule, resource planning and resource development activity. The work experience in the revamp project added advantage.
* Proactive approach in decisional process;
* Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
* Overall control of project schedule
* Overall control of project costs
* Will be involved in Technical Evaluation Process for schedule compliance.
* Develop 30 Day and 90 Day and yearly plans as required by department management. Daily measurement and flag any schedule slip to Department Manager.
* Co- ordinate and collaborate with other departments with respect to Planning and Cost Control.
* Assure finance payment conformance against controls commitments. Alert department manager for any non-payment.
* Measure contract performance KPI and act to initiate liquidated damages as required.
* Develop back up cost estimates to support Contract Strategy Estimates.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree in Engineering with specialization in Project Management or Cost Control related training
* 5+ years relevant and similar capacity in project estimating and cost controlling.
* Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
* Experience in relevant supervisory role
* Knowledge in the use of MS Project, Primavera Scheduling and SAP software's
* Experience working Planning and Cost Control issues in Wells, Operations, greenfield and Brownfield Construction.