Civil / Structural Supervisor / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
* Manage Scope, Organization, Quality, Cost and Time for the civil work.
* Contribute to set up and contract management of construction and /or EPC contracts
* Liaises with local authorities (if required) in line with the applicable governance documents and contracts (JOA, EDPSC)
* Communicate and coordinate the interface issues with relevant parties.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
* Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
* Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub) contractor workforce. Strong focus on personal safety, security and QA/QC.
People & Contractor Management
* Manage the activities and work performed by Project Management Consultancy (PMC), Contractors and Suppliers.
* Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
* Submit performance assessment about PMC and construction team and (sub) contractors.
* Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
* Liaise with QA/QC section to conduct quality training to construction team and (sub) contractors to improve their quality capabilities.
* Develop overview of contractor's strengths and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
* Assist on Block 9 CSR strategy development and execution
Prepare, Monitoring & Control Budgets and Plans
* Plan and monitor construction work through reporting, analysis and identifying variances from the plans.
* Identify deviations at the earliest possible stage and assist in the development of recovery plans and mitigation measures.
* Communicate critical issues to the infrastructure section head in a timely manner with proposed solutions.
* Inform project team of reaching important project milestones.
* Oversee the construction contractors and suppliers on an ongoing basis.
Contractor and Vendor selection
* If required, assist in identifying the list of external service providers eligible to provide the relevant services and work with the Procurement department to issue RFP/tender as per Company'spolicy.
* If required, assist in conducting technical and financial analysis of the proposals submitted by the service providers along with the relevant departments.
* If required, contribute on selection contractors prior to award
* Prepare data base for the actual performance of (sub) contractors/suppliers and report the same to attention of management & pre-award evaluators.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
* Contribute to the development and implementation of the Construction Management policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement.
* Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
* Improvement of systems processes and practices.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree in Civil engineering or equivalent (BSc preferred)
* Professional certification or accreditation in construction management or proven experience
* 5-10 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry
* Work experience in the MENA Region, preferably in Iraq.
* Demonstrated construction management roles of at least (5) five USD 60 million plus capital projects.