Lead Reservoir Geologist / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 2 year renewable|
Key responsibilities and deliverables:
* To analyze all available well data, subsurface and surface analogues, production and test data and 2D/3D seismic to build a geological model in 3 dimensions.
* To provide the geological input into multi-disciplinary reservoir studies.
* To support seismic interpretation of field data working closely with the geophysicist to aid in an optimum structural interpretation and make use of seismic attribute/seismic sequence stratigraphy to support reservoir description and modelling.
* To support a timely and proper evaluation and quantification of depth based well data to layer and populate geological models in an effective manner.
* To extrapolate data between wells using the most appropriate deterministic or statistical technique.
* To support the auditing of the database applied within the geological model and ensure that it is maintained and updated regularly.
* To work closely with reservoir engineers to generate the appropriate geological model for input into dynamic modelling and contribute to the dynamic model calibration.
* To identify unexploited hydrocarbon accumulations and promote future investments.
* To provide technical advice on data collection and laboratory studies related to logging and coring.
* To map and estimate HCIIP and highlighting potential variations (ranges), features and uncertainties.
* To test and apply geological knowledge and experience to understand and quantify the lateral and vertical distribution of the hydrocarbons in place. This will also entail analyzing the geological uncertainties which effect HCIIP and expressing the range of possible static reserves under a variety of possible circumstances.
* To identify and standardize the reservoir boundary parameters for ultimate recoveries (faulting, stratigraphy etc.)
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* MSc in Geology.
* 10 years of working experience in Oil and Gas Industry, good knowledge and understanding of Upstream Activities.
* Expert knowledge of Petrel is a must.
* Experience on carbonate reservoirs
* Good communication skills and ability to work in multidisciplinary Team
* Initiative and desire to learn and expand within role.
* Sound sedimentological and petrophysical background, understanding of reservoir characterization and 3D modelling techniques, basic seismic interpretation abilities,
competence with mapping techniques.
* Understands and can integrate core and log data into a cohesive reservoir model & build representative reservoir rock types
* Understand the key carbonate subsurface uncertainties and its impact to the reservoir behavior.
* Skill in project management from project inception.
* Strong presentation/communication skills, ability to communicate subsurface technical.