Senior Material and Corrosion Engineer / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
* Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during
* Liaise with process integrity and Operational chemical teams for optimization of chemical selection
/ dosage / general requirements.
* Quality control of the material and corrosion engineering.
* Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
* Analyze and/or review the material and corrosion discipline progress reports against the schedule and
inform of any foreseeable delay.
* Participate in the technical workshop and technical reviewing meeting with Contractors and BOC.
* Coordinate and Assist PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and
recovery plans when progress slipping and ensures needed action plans are implemented.
* Provide material and corrosion discipline progress report and contractor's performance to
engineering section head.
* Prepare reply to technical and field queries.
* Assist site with technical advice upon request of site.
* Work at site under company's standard security policy.
* Provide and review material selection studies for new and existing facilities.
* Participate in technical review of new projects, facilities upgrade etc., including scope of work, Piping &
Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), piping classification and Material Selection Diagram including structure,
* In?depth knowledge in corrosion calculation.
* Conduct other similar or related duties such as reviewing of project proposals; attending technical
meetings; carrying out site visits.
* Comply with all relevant HSE management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy
and safe work environment.
* Review vendor/Contractors' proposals for Piping, Valves, Equipment, and Systems and support on
the review of the Requisitions Technical Bid Evaluations. Evaluate supplier "after award"
documentation (drawings, ITPs, welding / manufacturing / fabrication procedures, NDE
procedures, etc) and requests for deviations.
* Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and
instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Contribute to the preparation of clear, timely and accurate reports.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree of Metallurgy/Material and Corrosion Engineering and Technology.
* Proven experience in oil and gas industry.
* Working in tough situation.
* Minimum of 10 years material and corrosion engineering experience in Oil and Gas Facilities.
* Work experience in the MENA Region; Iraq experience is preferred.