Development Planning & Data Management Section Hea / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 2 year renewable|
* Initiates and develops cost estimating system, and related procedures for engineering projects. Develops a data bank of information of a historical nature, including technical literature and data from external sources. Discusses system requirements with the Planning Engineer for the development of computerized data storage, analysis and reporting systems. Develops appropriate procedures for providing information and for the updating of databank.
* Participates in the completion and consolidation of cost aspects into detailed feasibility study reports. Reviews scope, magnitude and designs for the various stages of the project. Prepares cost estimates including estimated man-hours for each activity, develops unit rates for all activities.This involves keeping pace with the regional and international norms.
* Establishes a routine system for the collation and registration of pertinent commercial, technical project data from sponsors/users, project engineers within subsurface and proponent departments, by administered routing or direct contact to facilitate the required standard of cost estimate preparation, classification, updating and records management.
* Participates in recommending and initiating cost and budget control systems and related procedures. Includes devising forms, manuals, codes and classifications of project costs and recommending the installation of relevant cost systems. Discusses detailed systems requirements with the IT & planning department.
* Participates in the consolidation of annual budget exercise for Subsurface by providing historical status on project budgets, identifying unplanned budget carryover and preparing the necessary paperwork for presentation to Management. Analyses cost expenditure reports, reviews project progress review minutes and draws expenditure profiles which lead to projection and forecast of year end figures.
* Develops control type Company estimates for various Company contracts by reviewing scope of work and assessing man hours and equipment hours which leads to the compilation of Company estimate. Monitors the progress of contracts until completion and analyses any deviations from the estimate.
* Liaises with user section heads and focal engineers to ensure full awareness of project budget estimate/actual cost trends relative to variations in scope of work, unit costs etc, and highlight such variations and potential cost overruns to the concerned parties under the cover of revised cost estimates.
* Performs other similar or related duties such as participating in the commercial evaluation of bids, performing various cost/economic studies alone or as part of a review team; such studies include feasibility studies, optimization reviews, profitability analysis (including projected rate of return) risk analysis and long term financial planning exercises.
* Track Subsurface regular report generation to ensure timely submission and any received letter to ensure the timely reply and advice manager of any urgent request.
* Provides monthly reporting on Subsurface activities and achievements to the management.
* Together with department engineers develop and update the Work program for Gum Deniz and Bahar fields for 1, 5, 15 and 25 years; making production forecast for short and long term periods.
* Plan and coordinate for providing Subsurface input for all JMC, OCM, TCM and other JV meetings on regular basis
* Represent company on technical/management meetings as required.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
? Demonstrate safety leadership and strongly advocate Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and guidelines. Ensure clear description and communication of subsurface risks during drilling of new wells.
? Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
? Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
* Ensure compliance to all internal and external reporting requirements set by company.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Engineering/Geology/Geophysics
* Minimum 10-15 years of experience in the subsurface discipline with at least 5 years in team leader position
Job- Specific Skills:
* Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain
* Reserves Evaluation and reporting
* Field Development Planning