New Well Planner Geologist / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 2 year renewable|
Key responsibilities and deliverables:
* Ensure subsurface planning and execution of wells meets company standards and practices.
* Complete detailed offset well reviews and construct detailed overburden models for trajectory planning.
* Lead, well planning process in collaboration with Geological Operation, Geomodelling, Petroleum Engineering and Drilling teams to deliver Statement of Requirement (SOR) documents for individual wells - including decision trees, data acquisition plans and risk management documentation.
* Lead trajectory planning, accounting for overburden complexity, risks and hazards.
* Lead the preparation of pore pressure forecasts and implementation of pore pressure detection and real-time updates of Pore Pressure/Fracture Gradient data.
* Support/Lead the subsurface delivery of wells in accordance with the drilling information, integrating data with geo-models to advise Petroleum Engineering and Drilling teams on risk and uncertainty and inform on operational challenges.
* Provide oversight of contractor analyses of all geological related data including petrophysical analysis, petrography, biostratigraphy, sidewall core analysis and full-diameter core analysis.
* Contribute to the preparation of Contracts documentation for Wireline logging/LWD/Geo-steering, Core acquisition and Core Analysis and operation department tenders when required technical input or clarifications to ensure meeting the requirements of current and future development/exploration wells.
* Lead subsurface input to post-well reviews and ensure sharing and implementation of learnings to improve the future drilling activity.
* Write post well evaluation reports.
* Prepare technical reports and presentations for partners, senior management and government representatives where necessary.
* Prepare data to distribute to partners, regulatory agencies, government bodies, etc., as necessary.
* Manage effective communication between Petroleum Engineering and Drilling teams.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
* Demonstrate safety leadership and strongly advocate Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and guidelines. Ensure clear description and communication of subsurface risks during drilling of new wells.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
* Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
People & Contractor Management
* Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
* Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
* Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
* Develop overview of contractor's strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
* Contribute to Block 9 CSR strategy execution
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
* Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
* Improvement of systems, processes and practices.
* Contribute to the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet Subsurface requirements, policies and standards.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* BSc Degree or equivalent in Geology or related sciences
* Application of standard geological software (TechLog, Petrel)
* 12+ years of experience in Wellsite and Operations Geology
* Experience in geological model building - overburden and reservoir.
* Experience in well planning (Coviz, Petrel).
* Experience in delivering wells for carbonate reservoir.
* Work experience in the MENA Region, preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
* Good geological and geophysical knowledge
* Good interpretation skills of real-time data, wireline/LWD data and drilling information.
* Knowledge of pore pressure and geomechanics fundamentals
* Track record of leading capability change.
* Mature influencing and conflict handling skills
* Ability to think laterally and provide creative solutions.
* Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration
* Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a