Senior Legal Counsel / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 2 year renewable|
* Give accurate and timely counsel to the User Department in a variety of legal topics (labour law, commercial compliance, corporate legal matters, litigation & arbitration issue, national oil & gas legislation, international commercial law etc.).
* Reviewing and overseeing from the legal perspective upon the process of Company procurement activities, include the legal review of contracts as well as the legal entity identification of the counterparty (if it is required by the User Department).
* Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company's full legal rights.
* Participating in the litigation, arbitration or other dispute resolution process and providing the legal support.
* Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
* Coordinating with outside legal counsel in processing legal affairs.
* Providing training to the company on legal topics.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Must have a law degree from a recognized university.
* Must be admitted to a recognized bar.
* Must have 8+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house with major firm