Power Plant Project Manager / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - long term|
* Understanding and achievement of Construction's Section objectives and KPIs.
* Manage Scope, Organization, Quality, Cost and Time for the power Plant Project
* Arrange Power Plant Project kick off Meeting and ensure all parties are aware about Project milestones and goals.
* Plan, Schedule, Manage and Control the Power Plant Project
* Required interface management between surface facility department, PMC, Company departments, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, BOC, and other outsiders.
* To oversee PMC management during the Power Plant EPCC phases.
* Contribute to set up the contract management
* Administrate and facilitate the Power Plant contract execution.
* Evaluation and assessment of consultancies, Contractors and subcontractors.
* Assist and Facilitate Contractors/subcontractors and vendors visa, BOC and BIP applications within the Company.
* Lead and coordinate all meeting, technical workshop, and inspection with partners, BOC and MoO.
* Lead all daily, weekly and monthly progress, HSE and quality meetings.
* Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and subcontractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work;
* Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant QA/QC management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis.
* Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce. Strong focus on personal safety, security and QA/QC.
* Work closely with partners and government stakeholder in line with the applicable governance documents and contracts (JOA, EDPSC)
Surface facility construction assignment
* Comply with department polices, goals and strategies
* Manage the Power Plant construction facilities.
* Monitor and report to Construction Section Head of project details, including progress, risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
* Supervises and approves the development of Power Plant Projects Execution Plan and its implementation plus ensuring Lessons Learned are properly documented throughout the life of the project
* To identify the Critical path activities and provide an appropriate control measurement.
People & Contractor Management
* Establish the Power Plant project organization, define roles and responsibilities and manage the activities and work performed by direct reports.
* Manage and oversee the project team that including PMT, PMC, contractor, subcontractor and third parties.
* Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
* Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
* Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities.
* Develop overview of contractor's strengths and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
* Contribute to Block 9 CSR strategy development and execution
Budget, Cost and Reports
* Plan and monitor Power Plant project work through reporting, analysis and identifying variances from the plans.
* Liaises with planning team to ensure an appropriate recovery plan in place.
* Communicate critical issues to the Construction Section Head in a timely manner with proposed solutions.
* Inform project team of reaching important project milestones.
* Participate on preparing department VOWD.
Tender, Evaluation and Award
* Participate into CS, TBE, CBE preparation when required .
* To report exception to management to get advice and instruction.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
* Contribute to the development and implementation of the Construction Management policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement.
* Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
* improvement of systems, processes and practices.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree in engineering or equivalent (MSc preferred)
* Professional certification or accreditation in construction management or proven experience
* 10 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry
* Work experience in the ME Region, preferably in Iraq 5 years .
* Demonstrated construction management roles of at least two USD 100 million plus capital projects