Data Centres Application Engineer - HV Substations / Home BasedClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
As an Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership across the design and installation of medium and high voltage Substations up to 400kV across Data Centre industries within Northern Europe. You will engage with and act as the main point of contact for customers across technical and commercial enquiries, whilst coordinating and developing HV Substation offerings and propositions for Data Centre applications across the business.
This is a regional role across the Northern European Hub, where you will provide engineering and technical expertise throughout proposals and tendering projects, ensuring bids are of the highest possible level from a technical point of view whilst also working in partnership with sales & engineering teams to identify and develop new opportunities, technology and innovations.
* Develop and continuously refine HV Substation technical value propositions in the Data Centre segment, at a HUB/Regional level and in collaboration with adjacent functions.
* Detect technical trends in the industry, lead and develop standardised, reference and customised design solutions whilst being responsible for technical solutions portfolio (specification, approval, roll-out, release).
* Work with marketing teams in driving new initiatives, analysing competitors solutions and helping sales to target new opportunities, present new technology and innovations at sales/client events and meetings.
* Meet Data Centre clients, assist sales teams to achieve preferred supplier status with Data Centre providers and providing engineering support during bid phase and supporting presentation of proposals.
* Facilitate best practice sharing to ensure customers experience same high-quality level of project tendering and execution throughout HBL.
Our client is a global technology business with a presence in over 90 countries. They offer products, systems & solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century. With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to making energy more accessible, affordable & sustainable for millions of people globally.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Minimum BSc qualification in related engineering field and 8 years of applicable experience in HV Substations / Utility environment, or minimum of 10 years' experience in lieu of BSc Degree
* Knowledge of Transmission or Distribution practices (400kV to 11 kV)
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Knowledge of various Data Centre Grid Connections working practices in for example a Northern European Utility, DNO / TSO or EPC/M.
* Working with 3D Modelling / BIM Experience.
* IOSH Managing Safely or similar (Safety by Design)