Deputy Legal Manager / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 2 year renewable|
* Leading the in-house counsels in all legal corporate affairs, attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from the team;
* Implementation of key legal processes that relate to legal drafting, negotiations, and commercial settlement agreements
* Management of the budget for the business's legal activity
* Provide expert and strategic legal advice to the senior management
* Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
* Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
* Work with departmental leadership across the business in identifying and managing potential legal risk.
* Base the decision-making process on ethics and integrity
* Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
* Manage outside legal services
* Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
* Meet legal objectives
* Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
* Keep abreast of legislative changes
* Ensures that there are efficient systems in place relating to compliance of high impact policies such as anti-bribery and corruption, financial transaction compliance, and so forth
* Monitoring and reporting on the Department's work to the A&S General Manger
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree in Law from a recognized international university.
* Legal training in both Civil Law and Common Law as an additional preferred qualifications or certifications.
* 12 year's varied legal, commercial and contract's experience in the international arena.
* 3 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry with exposure to Oil & Gas exploration and development lease management/service contracts.
* A proven track record as an effective manager of not less than 5 years.
* Strong knowledge of Oil & Gas value chain
* Strong planning, organizational skills and attention to detail
* Total fluency in English.
* Commercial acumen
* Excellent understanding of related contracts
* Excellent Project management, planning and execution skills.