Senior Catalog Analyst / IraqClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 2 year renewable|
* Carry out duties related to the coding of all maintenance and general materials, equipment and spare parts in accordance with the approved coding and price system. Ensures that no duplicate requisitions are raised for materials.
* Keeps records of all requisitions and relevant purchase order files with details of materials ordered, description, quantity and coding numbers. Assigns codes for new materials ensuring proper specification and part numbers are assigned. Receives and files copies of purchase orders and when orders are completed receives other copies as final Company receipt. Maintains up to date records containing all relevant documentation including copies of consignment notes and requisitions.
* Assists in the amendment of the coding catalogue. Includes revising numbers, unit of issue, description, etc. Ensures that accounting classification code on amended item is correct. Inputs all amendments into the coding system.
* Advise an interchangeable materials and substitute materials for issue from available stocks.
* Participates in periodic physical inventories aimed at ensuring that inventory reports tally with physical stock.
* Makes data entries to the computer system as required.
* Carry out other similar or related duties such as maintaining technical files and records including all relevant material coding catalogues, preparing ad hoc reports, etc.
* Associate in various Task force from time to time as may be decided by the Management to identify Project Surplus, physical accounting of materials under transit and physical inventory count and reconciliation process.
* Perform any other job/task required by managements.
Independence of Operation:
Work in accordance with routine work procedures. Opportunity for independent action is limited to routine decisions concerning coding. Completed work is subject to review and regularly checked for details at intervals in the work cycle.
* Up to 30% walking and standing whilst on inventory checking work.
* Normal air-conditioned office environment.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
B.Sc. in engineering discipline or material management.
4 - 6 years' experience in Materials Classification and Coding System.