Contract: Kafka Administrator / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 6 months|
Responsibilities may include:
* Solution consulting and building proof of concepts on
o Realtime solutions
o Message based integration
o Event based architectures
* Establishing, Documenting and evangelizing development standards
* Monitor the performance of the systems and ensure high uptime and provide 24/7 support.
* Deploy new and maintain existing Kafka cluster environments on Cloud or on-prem.
* Handle all Kafka environment builds, including design, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
* Creation of key performance metrics, measuring the utilization, performance and overall health of the cluster.
* Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for Kafka Cluster and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
* Proven ability to lead multiple high priorities initiative with aggressive timelines leveraging an agile framework.
* Work closely with the various teams to make sure that all the Kafka topics are highly available and performing as expected.
* Work with Analytics Innovations COE and business analysts on designing and running technology proof of concepts on Kafka platforms
* Responsible for the security management of the platforms.
* Legally authorized to work in the United States
* 5+ years of solid Hands-on Kafka Administration experience in managing critical 24/7 applications
* Design, build, assemble, and configure the application or technical architecture components using business requirements
* Proficiency in Confluent Kafka platform design, installation, operation, and the best practices for the below components:
o Kafka Brokers
o Kafka Zookeepers
o Confluent Kafka Connect/Connectors
o Confluent KSQL/KSQLDB
o Confluent Control Center
o Confluent Security Settings
* Experience in using JMX for Kafka monitoring and performance tuning.
* Familiar with the Kafka message level, transportation level and data at rest security.
* Experience in implementing security & authorization (permission-based) on Kafka cluster.
* Experience in open-source Kafka, Zookeepers, Kafka connect, schema registry Avro schemas.
* High availability cluster setup, maintenance, and ongoing support
* Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring tools, alerts Has good knowledge of best practices
* Hands-on experience in creating a backup & mirroring of Kafka Cluster brokers, broker sizing, topic sizing, h/w sizing, performance monitoring, broker security, topic security, consumer/producer access management (ACL).
* Knowledge of Kafka API (development experience is a plus)
* Kafka DR/HA cluster setup experience including Cluster Replication settings is a plus
* Open to learning new technologies at a fast pace.
* Ability to document complex technical details about Kafka and other technologies as part of solution delivery.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology or other related technical discipline
* 1+ years of experience with AWS analytics stack
* 2+ years of experience architecting streaming applications/Solutions
* 1+ years of Oil and Gas Industry Experience
* 2+ years of hands-on experience developing Java/Scala applications for Kafka.
* Confluent Kafka Certification is a plus
* Knowledge of enterprise databases and/or data warehouse platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server or Teradata
* Automation experience with Python, PowerShell or a similar technology.
* Experience with source control/automated deployment using CI/CD technologies. Useful technologies include Git/Jenkins/Ansible
* Experience with complex networking infrastructure including firewalls, VLANs, and load balancers
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently with the customer with minimal supervision
* Ability to work with business and technology users to define and gather reporting and analytics requirements
* Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
* Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
* Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
* Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
* Confluent RBAC for Active Directory Authentication/Authorization.
* Confluent REST Proxy
* Confluent Schema Registry
* Hands-on experience in Elastic ELK Stack Cluster/Any other Kafka Monitoring solution setup, administration including integration with other systems like ServiceNow using the Elastic Webhook or other integration methods.