Contract: Construction Engineer / ChinaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
Reporting To Deputy Construction Manager / Contractor Site Representative
Qualifications & Certifications
Degree or Diploma in Civil / Mechanical Engineering or any other relevant engineering field from recognized Higher Learning Institution.
* Minimum twelve (12) years of working experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
* Possess at least eight (6) years experience in Construction/Project Management .
* Experience similar capacity in undertaking at least three (2) projects of comparable size and complexity.
Skill / Attributes / Competencies
* Proven track record in similar field / role / capacity in the previous job(s).
* Strong leadership skills, hands-on knowledge, experienced and technically knowledgable in fabrication / production process.
* Safety conscious
* Ability to coordinate any given related work task with minimum supervision.
* Demonstrating strong Construction / Project Management skills.
* Experienced in managing team and operation resources efficiently / effectively.
* Sound in planning and organizing skills with handling multiples projects .
* Excellent interpersonal skills and able to handle various project stakeholders tactfully.
* Matured person and stay calm and focused under pressured situation.
* Resourceful and strong in problem solving, decision making and judgement.
* Results oriented, committed and tactful in conflict management.
* Possess basic knowledge in computering skills.
* Oversee project construction / fabrication/ production planning and related works execution.
* Liason with Vendor / Subcontractor / any related parties in course of the Project
* Review the project planning package and actively participate in it's implementation.
* Strategize and plan necessary pre-planning, resources are available for smooth works execution.
* Monitor, guide and oversee that the construction execution meeting the schedule.
* Ensure that works execution is within budget.
* Participate and promote construction safety with genuine regards.
* Ensure minimum project quality requirements are adhered to.
* Interface with other sections/ disciplines/ departments; to resolve any related conflicts or problems arise in order to complete the project on time.
* Participate or attend any related safety initiatives/ campaigns/ events; to encourage safety mindset and behavior at workplace.
* Review construction / fabrication / production progress and be able to positively communicate with relevant parties.
Minimum Job Functions
* Monitor and manage team / Vendor / Subcontractor's performance to achieve the completion within stipulated timeline.
* Provide guidance, technical advice to subordinates for smooth work executio.
* Attend to clients / project stakeholders for clarification, problem solving and project performance progress.
* Visit site / workshop to oversee the performance progress and coordinate with related workfronts to mitigate the challenges associated.
* Prepare reports (as and when required) and effectively be able to articulate the progress of given task.
* Participate in meetings related to project / production as required.
* Willingness to perform any other assigned task from immediate Supevisor.
The Malaysian Company offers topside maintenance, engineering, construction, installation, procurement, commissioning, project management, structural fabrication, marine, underwater, and subsea services, as well as aerospace engineering, skilled manpower, and property investment and development services.