Commercial Manager (MEP) / IrelandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client is currently recruiting for an experienced MEP Commercial Manager for a permanent staff role for a 3 & 1 rotation from Ireland to projects in Northern Europe. You will support the evaluation of tender packages and submissions in conjunction with the Business Unit Manager, Comm. Lead, Operations Manager and the Tendering Manager from a commercial / contractual / design / technical / programme perspective from bid stage right through to project completion with a view to generating the greatest value for the Client.
As MEP Commercial Manager and in conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project, including but not limited to, the following:
* Manage the Business Unit revenue and cash flow with forecasted vs. actual monthly reporting and comply with Business commercial governance. Issue the as defined Commercial reports per pre-agreed timelines and dates.
* Agree the optimum commercial structure to support the Business Unit & the Business overall (Group BD and Estimating support on an ad-hoc basis) with the Group Comm. Dir. / BU Commercial Lead.
* Implement the optimum structure and train the Commercial Team.
* Recorded weekly meeting with the Operations Manager on key deliverables for the Business Unit.
* Co-ordinate manage and support QS R&R deliverables to ensure all activities are running in sequence for Pre- Construction and Construction, all key milestones are met / closed on time with relevant Commercial information made available to key stakeholders and compliant with the Client's QA processes & business goals and policies.
* Ensure all handover meetings take place and actions are minuted and closed prior to profit plan signoff.
* Use best endeavours to lead the Business Unit final negotiation process on bid management, contract signing and dispute resolution with the support of the Directors, Business Unit Manager and Commercial Lead.
* Evaluate the Tender Bids when our Client "gets to the table" for Gap Analysis.
* Evaluate Contract position of "likely win" bids with our Client's Contracts Lead and lead negotiations with our Clients Client representatives with a clear understanding of our Client's Directors position on liabilities and risk.
* Interpret contract rights & obligations and evaluate technical/financial risks for management reporting. Implement contract guiding policy & ensure all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations.
* Review all QS profit plans for monthly signoff and audit and challenge the detail on an interim reporting basis where risk lends itself to further ongoing review.
* Lead, manage and close matters where QS support is needed for R&R deliverables working with Operations Manager / PM / other support functions without the need for further escalation to senior management.
* Identify potential commercial risks, manage & implement agreed mitigation strategies/innovative control measures with the Group Comm. Dir. / BU Commercial Lead and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management with recommendations.
* Attend meetings as required. Ensure all escalated commercial matters are clearly communicated, actioned and closed where practicable.
* Strengthen the commercial awareness of the support functions. Work closely with the support functions to develop greater technical knowledge and understanding; primarily finance, operations, planning & engineering.
* Audit live projects to ensure planned commercial processes are implemented and information is accurate. Challenge and improve commercial position and structures as required.
* Manage and approve vendor / sub-contractor / on hire agency / C2 Personnel / Consultancy sub contract terms & conditions and payments.
Our Client, trading for over 50 years, is an international multi-disciplinary engineering services contractor and leading provider of high-value engineering services to a number of 'blue chip' companies. Operating across the UK and Europe they aspire to be the go to provider of high value engineering and construction services. They are a multi award winning operation with a culture that is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. They offer a full mechanical and electrical contracting
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Minimum 10+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical and or Mechanical Projects. Experience in both pre-contract work e.g. feasibility, cost plans, value engineering, cost estimating, tender documentation etc. through to post contract work to include contract administration, variations, valuations, sub contract reviews etc would be a distinct advantage.
* 3rd Level Qualification in Quantity Surveyor / Construction Economics
* Proficient in excel.
* Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
* Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications and ability to administer same.