European HSE Manager / Home BasedClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
The client are global technology business that offers products, systems & solutions to multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation. They have been leaders in innovation for over a century and with almost 40,000 employees in over 90 countries, they are committed to making energy more accessible, affordable & sustainable for millions of people globally.
As HSE Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of HSE Specialists across Northern Europe and contributing to improving Health, Safety & Environmental performance across the business to ensure a culture-focused approach to all things HSE -related.
You will support the business by applying your in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advice, whilst facilitating delivery of HSE projects to ensure HSE excellence across the region.
* Ensures timely notification of HSE incidents, investigations, preventive and corrective actions and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to Global BL, and Regional Management.
* Ensures the region operates in alignment with business HSE standards and policies. Approves and coordinates audit programs on behalf of the region.
* Contributes to effective risk management of HSE related issues by providing specialist knowledge and advice on key business decisions
* Leads and implements company-wide performance improvement programs and practices aligned with annual HSE plans to ensure an exemplary HSE culture throughout.
* Engages external (e.g. customers, suppliers and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment HSE efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback. Cooperates with other functions and business partners to drive HSSE performance.
* Ensures delivery of training, audit and support for key risk programs are optimized through. Ensures ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 3rd party certification across operations.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Although not essential, University level education in a relevant discipline would be a significant advantage. (e.g. electrical engineering, industrial manufacturing/processes, IOSH certificate or equivalent)
* Minimum 10+ years of experience in a HSE function in global organization.
* Excellent knowledge of HSE regulatory requirements (e.g. Legislation, OHSAS18001, ISO14001)
* Ability to successfully support, persuade and influence senior management teams in a highly matrixed environment
* Capable of working autonomously with remote and global teams and delivering in complex working environments
* Excellent English language skills both orally and in writing. Any other languages will be considered as an advantage