Contract: Electrical Isolating Authority / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada|
|Duration:||Contract - 5 months|
Reporting to the Isolation Coordinator (or designate), this position will support the efforts of the Isolation Coordinator in fulfilling the responsibilities of that position from an Electrical perspective.
As part of the requirements for this position, the incumbent will be responsible for performing office & field duties for the purpose of implementing or verifying adherence to various legislation, governing documentation, and policies and procedures. This position is also responsible to ensure that all required isolations adequately protect workers from the potential release of hazardous energy.
* Ensure implementation of, and full compliance with the requirements of Permit to Work (PTW) and LOTO Programs.
* To provide support and consultations with team members regarding Contractor requests to suspend, change extend or cancel an existing permit that involves Isolations.
* Maintain control of all documentation associated with all isolations.
* Ensure adequate communication with the Contractor Area Authority (AA) regarding the PTW scope & the isolation plan.
* Review and approve contractor Permit applications that involve/require isolations including all supporting documentation for isolation plans when submitted as part of a Permit to Work application. This is a duplicate and shared responsibility with the Isolation Coordinator.
* Development of the isolation Certificate to record the isolation plan as submitted with the contractor's PTW application or Liven Up Notice (LUN) boundary. This is a duplicate and shared responsibility with the Isolation Coordinator.
* Ensure approval by the Contractor AA of the Isolation plan and endorsement of the isolation points on the Isolation Certificate prior to installation/removal of the equipment locks.
* Monitor open Permits periodically to confirm that the Permit Receiver is operating within the permitted work scope
* Review Contractor requests to suspend, change, extend or cancel an existing permit that involve isolations.
* Assist Isolation Coordinator in reviewing Contractor's Liven up Notice (LUN) request and ensure isolation plans (if required) are adequate and effective and that the isolation is executed prior to the Isolation Coordinator's approval to energize.
* Apply and verify isolations as per the completed Isolation Certificates as required. (All isolations must be verified separately and independently from the individual who applied the isolations).
* Conduct field audits of isolations to ensure compliance with this Program and the completed Isolation Certificate as directed by the Isolation Coordinator.
* Maintain records of isolations
The client, a diverse Canadian Energy Company, plans new developments estimated at $12+ Billion over the next 5 years.This position is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only. Residents of Newfoundland & Labrador will be given first consideration for this position.