Contract: Field Environmental Advisor / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 6 months|
The client is looking for an experienced Field Base Environmental Advisor to join their team based in the Surat Basin, QLD, on a 15 on & 13 off roster. They are committed to achieving Goal Zero and a HSSE and SP performance to be proud of, to earn the confidence of customers, shareholders and society, to be a good neighbour and to contribute to sustainable development.
Their people must manage HSSE and SP performance consistent with the company HSSE and SP commitment and policy.
* Companies ISO14001 certified environmental management system.
* Commitment and Policy on Health, Security, Safety, Environment and Social Performance.
* The obligations contained within federal and state environmental approvals for the scope of the company assets.
The above commitments are delivered within your role, consistent with the five core elements of our Environment Functional Plan.
1. Compliant and we know it.
You will support the development and implementation of the asset audit and assurance process for environmental compliance. When required, you recognise the issues that present a compliance business risk and elevate them to our leadership.
You are committed to ensuring regulatory compliance and positive environmental outcomes are achieved by implementing and driving the EMS through systematic, prioritised and evidence-based assurance.
2. EMS is the core of what we do.
You actively lead the implementation and continuous improvement of our ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System so that it effectively supports the teams you work with throughout companies entire asset lifecycle.
You recognise the development and or review of processes/procedures are the core of the EMS and are committed to driving EMS ownership throughout the business.
3. Environment is everyone's responsibility.
In partnership with other business units and our contractors, you provide technical review and consistent advice, supported by our EMS, on our environmental conditions and raise awareness of significant environmental risks.
You engage and collaborate with work groups and our contract partners by facilitating toolbox talks and staff awareness in companies environmental compliance requirements, with a continuous improvement mindset (e.g. learning from incidents).
You ensure appropriate, visible data, documentation and records management processes are maintained for effective tracking of environmental performance.
4. Asset life-cycle; reducing future liabilities.
You are a responsible corporate citizen pursuing the goals of protecting the environment; and most efficient and cost-effective use of materials and energy to provide our products and services across the life of the asset.
5. Licence to operate; a legacy to be proud of.
You are committed to meeting the obligations within federal, state and local approvals; and respecting agreements with our landholders, neighbours and societies in which we operate. You proactively influence the teams you work with to minimise our footprint and improve/challenge the respective units to achieve improved environmental outcomes to ensure we can all continue to be proud to work here.
* Degree(s) or equivalent in a relevant science or environmental science discipline, or environmental management, or environmental engineering.
* At least 5 years of professional experience in a front-line implementation role.
* Knowledge of state and federal environmental legislation and policies.
* Knowledge and experience in the development, implementation and improvement of ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System
* Experience in the onshore CSG industry (desirable).
* Related industry experience.
* Capacity for structured thinking and be organised.
* A commitment to identify improvement opportunities, engage with stakeholders in the business and the drive to see tasks through to implementation, in a systematic and collaborative manner.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including facilitation, presentation and coaching skills
* Ability and confidence to intervene, facilitate and influence a wide range of field-based staff, from managers, supervisors, technicians and contractors in a collaborative and respectful manner.
* Capacity to participate in HSSE assurance, visit worksites to discuss environmental compliance with staff and contractors.
* Ability to create a means to work with various styles of leaders and supervisors to champion environmental initiatives to achieve Goal Zero and 'comply and we know it'.
* Ability to challenge the status quo with confidence in environment or ALARP demonstrations and provide direction and guidance for better solutions or controls.
* Ability to take the initiative to reach out to the wider environmental peer groups for alignment of environmental processes and willingness to take direction from more experienced peers.
The client is a global market leader within the oil & gas industry with a portfolio of pioneering onshore and offshore projects both locally and internationally. As an employer they have an exceptional reputation for building a culture focused on the highest levels of HSE and diversity & inclusion as they continue to expand their Australian based operations.