Mechanical Engineer / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Role: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Job Type: Permanent
Job Description & Skill Requirement:
* Design parts and assemblies to fulfill Depth Sensing lab projects and fast prototyping needs.
* Draft production drawings and conduct tolerance analysis
* Prototype and test various optical systems.
* Conduct quick mechanical troubleshooting, failure analysis and fix prototypes.
* Support other engineers with design of experiments, testing and assembly as needed.
* Analyze material properties, mechanical and thermal to refine designs.
* Work with vendors and internal cross-functional teams to order and manufacture parts.
* Collaborate in a team environment with mechanical designers and across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines.
* 3+ years experience working on ME designs in optics and mechatronics.
* 3+ years experience creating complex 3D assemblies (NX and/Solidworks preferred), and collaboration with cross-functional team members
* Fluency in designing and knowledge of manufacturing techniques (stamping, machining, 3D printing, injection molding, etc).
* Experience in opto-mechanics.
* Knowledge of optics component mounting, interfaces, and adhesive bonding.
* 2D drafting with close attention to ASME Y14.5 GD&T practices.
* Physical prototyping, testing, metrology and part inspection experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge in ECAD-MCAD workflows and PCBA assemblies.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
MANUFACTURING MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, DRAFTING, INJECTION MOLDING, MACHINING
MCAD, MECHANICAL ENGINEER, METROLOGY, OPTICS, ECAD, OPTO, PCBA, MATERIAL PROPERTIES, PRINTING, PROTOTYPING, ASSEMBLY, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, FAILURE ANALYSIS, MECHANICAL TROUBLESHOOTING, MECHANICAL/ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, MICROSOFT CERTIFIED APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER, MOLDING MACHINE, OPTICAL, OPTICAL SYSTEMS, PROTOTYPE, PROTOTYPES, SOLIDWORKS, TOLERANCE ANALYSIS