Contract: Technical Field Advisor / JapanClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
- To work as part of the Regional Unit, acting as the wind Installation Advisor/Lead, to advise the installation crew from offloading, preparation, and installation of wind turbines (preparation of main component, installation of main component and mechanical completion), make sure that the installation crew practice based on the safety standards and support/ensure for Zero Harm programme, prepare all necessary equipment and tools needed during installation and solve any issue and concern arise during installation phase (erection, mechanical and electrical).
- Makes recommendations to clients, sub-contractors or 3rd party supervisor, manager or employee on a recommended course of action(s), to correct a deficiency or make improvements
- Advise on the specific task within the installation scope.
- Advise on troubleshooting on electrical, mechanical or system malfunctions.
- Advise on securing the WTG and its systems prior to initiating any work.
- Mentor and share knowledge within area of responsibilities.
- Support on-job-training as requested and maintain logbooks
- Keep records, maintain documentation and report as required by company policy.
- Maintain and follow EHS procedures as required by company policy
- Perform risk assessments for activities onsite
- Ensure all site activities are carried out as per technical specifications or as advised by the site manager/ leader.
- Carry out checks to ensure that procedures are being followed and witness key stages of the job, including measurements, major lifting activities and torque procedures.
- Carry out inspections of removed parts recording any anomalies onto the relevant inspection sheet.
- Ensure that all necessary parts are available onsite, ordering any shortfalls in a timely manner to prevent any delays due to delivery times.
- Ensure the quality plan and work-pack documents are completed and signed by the relevant authorities.
- Attend customer site meetings to provide progress updates and discuss technical issues and solutions as needs.
- Record any extra works that may be involved during an outage, including timescales, equipment used and authorization from the customer.
- Complete installation crew performance feedback and contribute to performance evaluations.
- Training of client and/or subcontractor on installation manual of WTG.
- Other minor blade repair and stock-keeper related activities, upon receival of relevant training/certification if required.
- Minimum 2 years site experience in onshore wind farms in a similar position
- Experience with Direct-Drive Turbines is a must
- Fluency in both Japanese and English, oral and written
- Strong sense of safety and security, EHS or related certificates will be an advantage
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020