Contract: Sr. Project Controller / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 22 months|
Senior Cost Analyst
The client now has a career opportunity for a Senior Cost Analyst to provide support to the Project's Cost Manager and Cost Team. Reporting to the Cost Manager, you will support the Project as the centralized function in providing monthly project level cost reporting, ad hoc data collection and analysis requests as well as supporting the Project's RAF team by providing forensic cost analysis and investigation of realized costs to support RAF and Claims support. As such, the role requires strong project controls background, attention to detail, and analytical thinking that is needed to align with the needs of the project leadership and the client.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Coordinate data gathering and produce the Project's Monthly Project Cost Reporting Suite
* Provide input into the Project's monthly scorecards
* Provide variance analysis explanations to financial reporting services
* Support assurance reviews and audits
* Provide coverage for Cost Manager and Project Controls Manager
* Support leadership with requests for information to support governance presentations and ad hoc requests.
* Work with Data Analytics Team to develop, streamline and enhance data reporting using BI
* Support the Project's RAF team by coordinating data gathering requests with regards to incurred/realized costs related to RAFs and Project Claims
* Support in gathering project cost related requests for Project Partners.
* Present analysis to Project team (detailed and executive levels)
* Implement and work within best practices
* Attend and contribute to coordination meetings, both within the Project Team and with contractors;
* Provide input into lesson capture and Project Close Out process;
* Respond to ad hoc requests, analysis, and inquiries as required.
* Strong project controls experience in cost;
* Strong project leadership and coordination skills
* Extensive experience in SAP PS and MM modules
* Eight (8) or more years of related experience is preferred;
* Relevant post-secondary degree or technical diploma is required, Accounting, Business Management, or Project Management degree is preferred;
* Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
* Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills;
* Able to work with diverse groups, from top level leaders to field third-party contractors.
* Understanding of the Project's cost tracking and reporting methods
* Strong understanding of project control best practices (AACEI & PMI)
* Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills to assist in working in a fast paced and evolving work environment
* Sound organization, analytical and critical thinking skills
* Strong communication skills, including ability to present information to a variety of audiences internally and externally
* Proactive approach to continuous improvement initiatives
* Strong interpersonal skills including, collaboration, conflict resolution and cross functional engagement
* Experience with SharePoint 365 and Power BI