Lead Package Engineer - Marine Machinery / MalaysiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure that the gas systems and related utility design is safe, operable & maintainable.
* Work with multi-discipline engineering leads/SME and Pre-commission teams to ensure a robust solution that meet commissioning, start-up and operational requirements.
* Manage the stakeholders both internally and externally on key interfaces between the adjacent process system, marine system and the structural interface to the hull.
* Manage the major technical queries, design changes and provide technical support to all commercial/contractual negotiations related to the system.
* Liaise with gas system vendors/EPC contracts or technical partners on the engineering deliverables and fabrication activities, i.e. construction priority, erection sequence, inter-discipline interface etc.
* Experience of typical issues and concerns for complex FPSO projects EPCIC.
* Strong technical understanding of the key design requirement of FPSO gas system particularly on gas treatment and compressors.
* Experience in vendor package management exceeding 20 million USD and proven performance in a key role in the delivery of marine modules.
* 12-15 years' relevant experience in the execution of major offshore Oil & Gas EPCIC projects with construction knowledge.
* 6-10 years' FPSO project experience involving 2-3 FPSOs.
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering.
* Preference: Professional Engineer with Practicing Certificate / Registered with recognized professional body.
Incorporated as a shipping line in 1968, the client is one of the world's leading international shipping and maritime conglomerates with principal businesses that include the ownership and operation of ships, tank terminals and offshore floating facilities; the repair and conversion of marine vessels; as well as the engineering and construction of offshore structures for the oil and gas industry.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
A Lead Piping Engineer with a minimum of 10 years' experience in an oil and gas environment.
Experienced in FPSO, floating Oil and Gas facility life cycle from Tendering through Construction, Commissioning, Installation and ultimately Operation of these assets.
Previous Telecom experience for FPSO projects is essential.