Power Consultant - Sales / UKClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
A global leader in power technologies are looking for a Senior Consultant to join their specialist team in leading the international market towards more innovative power solutions. With backing from a multi-billion market leader, this a great opportunity to lead, implement and execute the marketing and sales strategies specifically aimed at developing into markets, segments, or other strategic areas not currently defined.
Based in their Stone office, you will be trained up in all key areas of software, power system analysis and service offerings in order to develop the account and provide an increasing number of opportunities to help transmission customers connect new multi-million (£) projects to the grid. On a permanent basis, this this is a fantastic opening to work for a business employing over 140,000 people that's renowned for its training, development and cutting-edge projects. You will be remunerated with a fantastic package offering car allowance, 10% bonus, 10% pension and other additional benefits. So, what will you be doing?
* Works as a leading functional practitioner in a consulting area.
* Adds technical value and approves assignment tasks carried out by others.
* Takes a lead role to propose consulting services to meet the customer's needs.
* Leads or supports the development of a special technology or area of best practice.
* Continuously looks for opportunity to promote technical solutions.
Customer, sales and marketing
* Provides market intelligence analyses in support of identification and development of new markets, segments or solutions. Evaluates market opportunities and decides on appropriate activities in line with the strategy.
* Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/ services offering, and align to provide a solution.
* Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
* Supports and follows-up on critical tenders to secure closing of key opportunities in line with the local financial targets and risk management guidelines.
* Provides technical support and guidance to sales team for offer preparation.
* Negotiates contracts to win consulting assignments of 250 to 500 hours.
* Works with contract management activities (invoicing and work in progress, etc.) in one's area of work.
* Ensures delivery of assignments as per the agreed contract.
Risk and opportunity management
* Conducts risk and opportunity assessments for consulting assignments.
* Proposes and initiates actions to mitigate and control risks in one's area of responsibility.
* Identifies opportunities for repeat and new consulting business.
Technical leadership and knowledge sharing
* Builds network - internally and externally - for exchange of information.
* Provides support and technical advice to colleagues.
* Actively participates in technical conferences and promotes technical solutions
People leadership and development
* Coaches and develops consultants to deliver assignments.
* Forms and leads teams to deliver assignments with a focus on operational execution.
* Actively looks for opportunities to recognize efforts by team members for team success.
Continuously seeks feedback with team to improve.
Finance and budget
* Contributes to achieve agreed business financial targets for a technology, business area or consulting team.
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree in electrical engineering, electrical power systems or similar, is required.
* More than 6 years' experience in the design, understanding and performance of power systems studies with consulting approach.
* Developing strong customer and partner relationships, both external and internal. Commercial acumen with a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to successfully persuade and influence senior management.
* Requires strong knowledge on the application of technical & Business-related Consulting for the power market and the impacts of products, equipment and engineering concepts and practices as contributors to potential recommended solutions.
* Proven experience in creating opportunities in the market.
* Achievement of Order growth in a service business and effective building and maintaining of customer relations
* Commercial skills, including pricing and negotiating
* Ability to understand customer needs and sell the value of consulting to the customer.