Contract: Sr. Learning and Development Specialist / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
Reporting to the Manager, Learning Development this position is responsible for:
* collaborating with team members and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to perform training needs analyses to identify and document knowledge and performance gaps
* translating gaps into learning content, with a focus on leveraging video based solutions to satisfy and/or enable employees' technical competency development
* executing or supporting audio and visual recordings and executing post-production activities including raw footage edits, sound engineering, and the integration of animations, effects etc...
* ensuring media artefacts are correct with respect to: branding; naming conventions; safety and technical accuracy verification with SMEs, etc...
* supporting change management and communication initiatives through the development of materials that enable desired outcomes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* knowledge of instructional design methodologies and adult learning principles
* strong background in multimedia development, specifically in recording, editing and publishing video based assets; this includes, but is not limited to the use of recording equipment (audio and visual), Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, and Adobe Photoshop
* able to apply skills in utilising development tools and applications, including Captivate and video capture and editing tools
* ability to analyse source content and extract relevant information for instructional purposes
* strong written and verbal communication, with a solid knowledge of the
structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
* proficiency in MS Office Suite
* proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
* ability to exercise sound judgement in identifying issues and risks and mitigating or escalating, as required
* experience in the design of corporate training content, including micro- learning practices, to ensure treatments are tailored to audiences' learning requirements and implemented to plan
* problem-solving skills
* familiarity with SuccessFactors Learning and/or Content Management software is a definite asset
Degree in Multimedia Design, Communications, or Education or a degree with 2-4 years of relevant experience.