Contract: Expeditor / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
- Provide continuous insight into supplier's progress towards meeting purchase order requirements, particularly delivery schedules.
- Gather available data to explain requirements against which suppliers progress can be measured.
- Monitor and report that progress to project management.
- Comply with Company and Project expediting policies and procedures and act within limits of delegated authority.
- Work with buyers, engineering, planning, project controls, construction, HSE and quality to ensure purchase order requirements are understood and complied with by the supplier.
- Establish formal and informal communications with assigned suppliers to enable timely, accurate and forward-looking analysis of supplier's progress at meeting interim delivery schedules of supplier data, manufacturing milestones, material deliveries, testing activities and material and equipment delivery.
- Track supplier data information movement to and from the supplier, documenting the progress in the progress management system.
- Prepare or contribute to preparation of frequent reports detailing supplier's progress, problems encountered and solutions to maintain fabrication, testing and delivery schedules. Provide pertinent information to the supplier evaluation program.
- Assist buyers in securing and validating the information that supports the timely processing of invoices for payment, especially partial and progress payments.
- May travel to suppliers' locations and fabrication shops to verify progress and to construction and operational sites to ensure deliveries are occurring as required by the project.
- Expeditor: At least 4 years initial experience at a junior level performing the assigned tasks under the close supervision of more experienced personnel.
- Education and training beyond high school is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of computers and commonly-used business software, especially including data base management tools is required.
- Familiarity with industry-specific scheduling tools is an objective for advancement.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020