Contract: Customs Clerk / Trinidad and Tobago
|Location:||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Duration:||Contract - 1 year|
To provide customs brokerage and hands on support to the day to day running of agency and operations activities, including completion of paperwork, preparation of all customs entries and clearance of inbound/outbound shipments on behalf of Fircroft and their clients.
Roles & responsibilities:
* The clearance of import/export cargo in a timely manner, in order to prevent the payment of storage rent and demurrage, and to ensure the timely shipping of export cargo
* Proper processing of regulatory documents and records
* To provide the status of each shipment at any point in time
* Be able to interact with the following Regulatory bodies:
Customs & Excise at all ports of call in Trinidad & Tobago and external Agencies such as TTBS, Chamber of Commerce, Ministry of Trade, Food & Drug Administration, Agricultural Quarantine, National Security, Ministry of Agriculture, Toxic Board etc.
* Comply with the company procedures
* Comply with Level 1 of HSE Employee Responsibility and Accountability
* Comply with Level 1 of Fircroft Values & Values Behaviours
* Accuracy of date input and maintenance
* Customer/client satisfaction
* Service delivery
Qualifications and experience
* Must be a grade 2 Customs Clerk or higher with a valid licence registered with the Customs Brokers Board of Trinidad & Tobago as per the Customs Brokers and Customs Clerk Act Chapter 78:03
* Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
* Minimum five (5) O'Level or CXC passes one of which must be English
Job Description & Person Specification
* Able to prioritise and cope with competing demands
* Competent authority on Laws of T'dad & T'go Customs Act Chapter78:01 2007
* Competent authority with the Explanatory notes to Harmonizzed Commodity Description and Coding System, 3rd Edition (2002)
* Competent authority with the Republic of T'dad & T'go ACT No. 6 of 2013 Amendment to Chapter 78:01 (Electronic Application through Asycuda)
* Must have a valid driver's licence.
* Communication: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to build strong working relationships with all levels and be able to influencing and collaborating with others the ease.
* Customer Focus: A commitment to providing a good customer service.
* Personal Integrity: Builds trust and respect and maintains standards of honesty and integrity.
* Team Working: Ability to work within a team and on own initiative.
* Reliability: Takes responsibility for personal performance
* Results Orientations: Striving to improve or meet standard of excellence.
* Commitment to Safety: Takes responsibility for both their own safety and that of their colleagues.