Tendering/Project Supply Chain Specialist / Ireland
The client has an immediate requirement for a Tendering / Project Supply Chain Specialist to join their Dublin office. As the Tender / Project Supply Chain Manager for our clients Grid Integration entity you shall be responsible for establishing the Tender Sourcing Plan (TSP) based on the sourcing related conditions of the client´s tender specification and our clients global/ territory sourcing strategy and for facilitating its adoption by all parties during tender process.
Areas of Work
- Pro-active participate in Tender-/ Capture Team during the kick-off and tender progress meetings for selected target projects
- Identification of sourcing related opportunities and critical commercial, fiscal and legal conditions of the client´s tender specification and ensure flow over to the bidding documentation to suppliers / contractors
- Develops schedules, estimates, forecasts, and budgets to support all procurement requirements under the tender and project.
- Issue the project related Tender Sourcing Plan (TSP) based on the overall tender strategy, identified sourcing related opportunities and critical project conditions under consideration of the overall PG global/ territory sourcing strategies
- Collaborates with tender teams to identify new suppliers and supplier changes, and ensures customer approval for Tender/project supplier list.
- Document the TSP in the PGGI standard "TSP Template", if not retrieved from ABB Procure
- Communicate the TSP to the local tender team and involve Territory Category Leaders (Cables & Subcontracts); Lead Strategic Sourcing Manager (Transformers, MV&HV GIS) respectively Global Strategic Sourcing Manager for affected commodities
- Receive approval of the TSP from Tender Engineer and LPG Manager and Local SCM
- Ensure that RfQ's are issued in compliance to the TSP (incl. tender specific terms & conditions)
- Define, together with Strategic Sourcing Team, the target price for main equipment
- Supporting tender responsible in issuing the project budget and time schedule by providing timely and accurately input from suppliers´ quotations incl. provision/ commitment of anticipated qualified improvement potentials
- Ensure that suppliers/ subcontractors considered in the tenders to the client are qualified according to the Supplier Qualification Process (SQP) and Sub-Contractor Qualification Process (CQPQ).
- If necessary ensure adequate qualification measures
- Issue together with tender responsible the tender specific list of vendors (subcontractors) to be used in our bid to the client
- Ensuring that supplier quotations remain valid until final placement of Purchase Order or until confirmation of tender project has been lost
- Provide required sourcing related information for Risk Reviews
- Participate in won-/ lost- order analysis and communicate sourcing relevant information to local-, Territory-, Global Strategic Sourcing Manager
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Masters or bachelor degree in an engineering discipline or business administration or any other qualification that is deemed suitable for the role e.g. degree, etc
- Good English both written and spoken
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a project environment
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a supply chain function
- Minimum 2 years experience in procurement of tailored equipment
- Good knowledge of processes in industrial large and complex or turnkey contracts
- Strength in commercial/legal aspects of purchasing
- Excellent communication & proven negotiation skills
- Drive to continuously create results and innovative solutions
- Skilled communicator who can interface with numerous external and internal parties at different levels in a project environment