QHSE Officer / Ireland
The client is looking for a competent and proactive QHSE officer to join their ever growing team in their Tallaght office based in Dublin. Reporting to Operations Manager, you will define & implement actions to improve safety, operating efficiency, quality and productivity in the value chain, improve customer satisfaction and increase profitability in a safe working environment within the local business.
- Implements policies and standards to meet regulatory compliance according to local and group standards. Support a QHSE Culture within local Power Grids, by assuring and controlling QHSE with systems, tools and teams to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations. Assists in the implementation of effective internal controls. Participates and delivers QHSE audits as a part of Group and Business Line (BL) audit program.
- Monitor progress, analyse key performance indicators (KPI) and act on deviations from targets. Compile and write various monthly reports related to the Quality and HSE of operations. Maintain computerized HSE and CI metrics.
- Apply our clients quality systems and tools to assist the various functions with data and analysis to validate same continue to meet operational and customer expectations throughout their lifecycle. Enhance services through continuous improvement.
- Assists line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and our clients Group policy, instructions and standards. Support management team with improvement projects and toolbox talks.
- Facilitates HSE risk assessment in the organisation in particular those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented.
- Drives behavioural change through implementing Group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment and continuous improvement throughout the organization. Supports the development and training of the organization.
- Engages external and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and improve standards within the industry.
- Investigates serious health, safety and environmental incidents as a Lead investigator. Reports HSE incidents. Feeds back on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across our clients business to management and employees.
- Supports the capture of future opportunities through the qualification and marketing of our statistics, procedures and policies with external stakeholders.
- Recognise exemplary performance in the team to promote positive behaviours internally and externally.
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Certificate in Safety and Health at Work
- Certificate in Quality Management
- Lean 6s Green belt or Black belt
- >3yrs experience in a project and service environment
- MS Office
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- >6 years of QHSE experience in areas such as manufacturing or project delivery environment.
- Expertise in EHS management, project and service management is preferred.
- Membership of Local QHSE organisations