Lead Mechanical Engineer (National only) / AzerbaijanClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 1 year|
* Reviews and approves the detail design deliverables from the various project engineering contractors including but not limited to; datasheets, specifications, technical bid evaluations, requisitions, and supplier documentation.
* Ensures all discipline work is executed in accordance with the project quality requirements. Reports directly to the engineering manager.
* Must have the ability to recognize and to understand core issues in situations and problems and develop solutions in a step-by-step and systematic way.
* Supervises scope and schedule changes for the mechanical discipline in accordance with the change control process.
* Provide site engineering support and advice to the construction department.
* Supports the procurement department with the selection and of vendors. Acts as the focal point for vendor technical issues.
* Responses to technical queries from engineering and installation contractors.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Requires communication skills to be able to successfully work in a team environment as a leader and communicate effectively with other disciplines.
* Minimum 12 years of related work experience, including supervisory experience.
* Proficient experience in the Offshore/Onshore orientated Oil and Gas environment
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Working knowledge of the latest applicable international engineering codes and standards, design practices and design quality standards for rotating equipment.
* Has extensive design experience and knowledge of rotating equipment such as; process/utility pumps, firewater packages, turbines, diesel engines and component such as; gearboxes, couplings, peals
* Integration of multi-disciplinary engineering design requirements within rotating package specification documents.
* Coordination of multi-disciplinary supplier technical bid evaluation & reporting.