Senior Reservoir Geophysicist / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - permanen|
A permanent hire, onshore-based and residential (non-rotational) role for a Qatar Oil and Gas Operating Company that offers tax-free monthly salary and competitive family package. This position reports directly to the Geophysicist Manager
Senior Reservoir Geophysicist working 3D/4D seismic within the Geophysical team and with a transverse role with respect to Geosciences and Reservoir Assets.
- QC the reservoir geophysics 3D & 4D interpretation, inversion, Time Depth conversion...
- Contribute to the elaboration of methodologies for the geological model / static model building, integrating 3D & 4D seismic.
- Support the integration of the seismic (3D & 4D interpretation, inversion, Time Depth conversion) results in the geological models.
- Support the assets teams for the use of 3D & 4D data for the definition of new targets. Participation of identification of new opportunities for oil production maximization.
- Participation of the understanding of the reservoir behavior using 4D.
- Contribute to the development of external communications within the geophysical and reservoir community.
- Participate to the consolidation of the geophysical know how in close collaboration with the assets Team leaders.
- Have a transversal role between assets / discipline
- Be aware of the latest technical evolutions for reservoir geophysics available in the market.
- Must integrate cost & economic dimensions in any decision.
- Masters Degree or Bachelor Degree with relevant industry experience in geophysics discipline or other relevant technical discipline qualification
- More than 10 years of experience required
- Previous experience on carbonate reservoirs is required
- International experience is recommended
- Strong experience in signal processing.
- Strong experience in physics / rock physics.
- Must have worked on target selection with deep understanding on static model and good knowledge on dynamic model.
- Deep knowledge of seismic interpretation.
- Good knowledge of geology
- Good knowledge of dynamic parameters.
- Must be fluent in English
- Very good communication skills
- Team player
- Open minded
- Delivery orientated
- Source of innovation
- Previous working experience in geophysics R&D or reservoir construction model would be a bonus.