Fire & Gas Manager / MalaysiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
As a Group Manager, shall be responsible to lead and manage effectively Fire & Gas group function and resources for Fire & Gas Engineering and Design HSE studies as to support company business in execution of proposal and awarded project which include but not limited to the followings:
* Group Resource Planning and Development
- Group manpower planning and assignment for proposal and job based on the personnel capability and project requirement.
- Establish Staff Development Plan and Yearly Training Plan to further strengthening group technical knowledge and know-how, continuous engineering quality improvement and further improvement in communication and coordination skill.
- Development of new group procedures or update the existing group procedures for continuous improvement and to reflect current best practices.
* Lead Assigned Engineer
- Proposal / Job assignment as Lead Assigned Engineer. Taking leadership in providing consultation and apply loss prevention process throughout the project development phases in engineering design, procurement, construction and installation, commissioning and start-up for Malaysia's projects and proposals
- Proposal Engineering Management - Ensure man-hour and related cost are optimized and technical qualifications are convincing and attractive to clients.
- Job Engineering Management - Executed as strategized in job execution plan, responsible for engineering product quality control, man-hour usage control and engineering work progress as per schedule.
* Able to advise and responsible to check and review technically on the subordinates deliverables for fire protection facilities/ system and gas detection system engineering design work and DHSE studies/ process safety studies and ensure group are performing efficiently and effectively during proposal and project delivery.
- Fire Fighting and Fire and Gas Engineering Design Work. Involved in preparation of fire safety design documents and analysis including but not limited to:
o Fire Protection System Design Basis / Philosophies
o Fire water network hydraulic calculations
o Fire protection equipment layout
o Fire and Gas cause-and-effect diagrams
o Fire and Gas detection layouts
o Fire fighting and safety equipment specifications
o Passive fire protection layouts
o Fire and Gas Design & Control Philosophies
o Fire Risk Analysis Study
o Other safety engineering deliverables
* Design HSE Engineering /Process Safety Studies
- Responsible to check and review document prepared by subordinates related to Design HSE studies - Design HSE Plan, Design HSE Studies Schedule etc.
- Ensure reliable third party consultants are engaged to perform the job for DHSE studies and ensure the consultants works are properly managed and able to deliver quality input/output design documents analysis, reports and close-out reports as required by Clients/ITB including but not limited to the following desktop studies and review sessions:
o F&G Mapping,
o FSAR, etc.
* Installation/pre-commissioning activities and BOMBA matters
- Check and review Subordinates prepared procedures for testing and pre-commissioning activities, site coordination work between sub-contractors and vendors, construction team and owners
- Manpower arrangement for participation in the site testing and pre- commissioning activities
- Provide technical support to subordinates for BOMBA submission and approval matter - FSDP, Active Submission and BOMBA site functional testing and inspection.
* Group General Administration
- Hold the responsibility in managing the group in terms of group recruitment, timesheet attendance and leave approval, developed training plan for the group, conduct yearly performance evaluation and assessment.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Candidates must posses Chemical or Mechanical Engineering background from recognized University.
* At least 10 years of engineering design experience in Fire Protection System and Fire & Gas Detection System, Design HSE/ Process Safety studies in Oil & Gas and Petrochemical field for major oil companies.
* Very well versed and conversant in related design codes locally and international for Fire Fighting System design and Design HSE studies.
* Strong leadership and managerial skills
* Good skills and experience to operate Auto-CAD is an added advantage.
* PC literate (Ms Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Ms Project).
* Ability to work and lead the teams and possess excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, negotiation and report writing skills.
* Registered with BEM (Board of Engineers Malaysia).