Contract: Pipe Mill Representative & Senior Inspector / Qatar
|Duration:||Contract - 15 months|
* Act as the site representative for company at the client awarded plate & pipe mills for NFE & NFPS projects.
* The position will be based where the line pipe contracts are awarded.
* Keep the Line pipe Task Force Team Leader aware status of Quality, HSE and Progress of plate and line pipe manufacture.
* Manage other pipe mill inspectors at the nominated plate and pipe mills.
* Responsible for surveillance / inspection / monitoring of assigned pipe mill for line pipe manufacture, induction bends and components verifying assurance with the Technical Requirement and Project Specifications.
* The position will likely progress to onshore and offshore pipeline installation.
* To advise Contractor and Company of any non conformance to the Technical Requirement and Project Specifications.
* Verify that the scope of work is completed in accordance with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Certified Senior Welding Inspector either CSWIP or SCWI mandatory (alternative equivalents may be considered). Degree or associate degree in a related discipline preferred e.g. mechanical or materials.
* 10+ years experience relevant experience as a mechanical / welding / NDT inspector in line pipe manufacture, process plant fabrication and pipeline installation, onshore and offshore .
* Considerable previous experience in SAWL pipe mills.
* Experience as a site representative.
* Certification in NDE UT, RT, MT etc. Certification for radiograph interpretation essential.
* Good knowledge of Induction Bending of linepipe.
* Good knowledge of coating systems e.g. FBE , CWC and field joint coating .
* Able to perform, comply, audit and make assessments of Safety Management System (Advance Safety Auditing, Behaviour Safety System, JSA's, act) and have competency in safety procedures.
* Detailed knowledge of health and safety systems e.g. Job Hazard Analysis, permit to