Contract: System Engineer - Hosting / Saudi ArabiaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 1 year renawable|
Client: Semi Government
Job Title: Systems Engineer - Hosting
Job Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Candidate: Must be locally available with transferable Iqama
Responsible for keeping all user- facing services and other Customer production systems running smoothly. This job requires having a blend of systems administration and programing skills that apply around operations discipline, and mature automation to our environments, and systems security. Our focus areas are in operating systems, distributed systems, backup and recovery, and infrastructure automation.
* Be on On-Call rotation to respond to Customer availability incidents and provide support for the other operation teams.
* Run our infrastructure with automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform.
* Make monitoring and alerting notifications based on symptoms and not on outages.
* Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions and then into automation.
* Troubleshoot and problem-solve in production incidents related to operating systems.
* Improve GOSI operations and automation processes related to scaling, provisioning, de- provisioning, healing, and deployments.
* Design, build, and maintain core infrastructure components that allows GOSI scaling to support our customers.
* Plan and participate in the growth of Customers infrastructure.
Programming - Writing computer programs for various automation purposes (Python or/and Ruby or/and other shell scripting languages).
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
Technology Design - Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
* Redhat Certified Engineer for Linux OS or equivalent certification for Linux.
* Site Reliability Engineer certifications
* DevOps Engineer certifications
* Redhat certified for Ansible.
Essential: Two (2) years' experience in the same position